ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Job Opportunity and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

Overseas Job Opportunity and Naturalisation

Post by ZCorleone » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:44 am

Good morning,

I have Just recently received my settlement from UKBA after 5 years on a WP (got my Settlement in late January 2012).

I have this morning received an overseas job opportunity to work for a UK based company in my Home country for at least one year on a one month on/one month off bases, that’s one month work in the work location overseas and one month leave.

my understanding is you cannot apply for Naturalisation if you have been away from the UK for more than 90 days in the last year before applying for Naturalisation.

in My case I intend to leave my family in the UK for the Duration of the Job.

the question is will I still be able to apply for Naturalisation in one year’s time or will I be considered to have breached the 90 day rule?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 am

No, as you'll have breached the 90 day rule.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:30 am

Well, 6 months x 30 days on average = 180 days > 90 days.

So I would say yes. This is a breach of this requirement.

See Q3 in FAQ - most common questions - naturalisation for discretion the HO might apply.

ZCorleone
Newly Registered

Post by ZCorleone » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:39 am

thank you for your prompt replies. I'll dig in here till I get the Natrualisation.