ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geekhatri

Naturalisation after ILR

Post by geekhatri » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Guys,
need an advise on above topic please-
We (me and my wife) got ILR last year July and we are planning to apply for citizenship now.
One of the question that we have to provide 5 yrs residency proof ---no issue with me but we got married only 3 yrs before does it mean that I can apply for citizenship now and my wife has to wait for 2 yrs more (though we both got ILR last yr).

I would appreciate if you please share your experience.

thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:03 pm

It doesn't matter when you got married. What matters is if your wife has been living in the UK for 5 years or not. See Q2 in FAQ - most common questions.

geekhatri

Post by geekhatri » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Jambo wrote:It doesn't matter when you got married. What matters is if your wife has been living in the UK for 5 years or not. See Q2 in FAQ - most common questions.
Thanks,
I understand that I my wife has to wait for 2 yrs more or I have to apply myself and then my wife can apply once I get British Citizenship.

thanks for ur help..

regards,