ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for BC but trafic conviction by court

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

EAK
Newly Registered

Applying for BC but trafic conviction by court

Post by EAK » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi friends, I am going to apply for BC in Jun 12 but I got trafic conviction under TS10, 3 points and £120 fine by court. Date of offence is 20 Apr 2007 while date of conviction is 29 Feb 2008. I got ILR in Jun 11 with same conviction. Can some please suggest me what to do or some one got BC with these conviction or should I disclose or not and these convictions can be errased? Would you like to share your experience? Regards

Smallfamily

Re: Applying for BC but trafic conviction by court

Post by Smallfamily » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:01 pm

My suggestion is to wait until ur conviction is spent...why? Because you have been convicted by the court which is taken very seriously by HO hence to be honest a very slim chance for a successful outcome sorry!
But...
if you wanna risk ur application fee then never ever hide anything from HO...you must disclose ur offence...

goodfellow1

Re: Applying for BC but trafic conviction by court

Post by goodfellow1 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:13 am

EAK wrote:Hi friends, I am going to apply for BC in Jun 12 but I got trafic conviction under TS10, 3 points and £120 fine by court. Date of offence is 20 Apr 2007 while date of conviction is 29 Feb 2008. I got ILR in Jun 11 with same conviction. Can some please suggest me what to do or some one got BC with these conviction or should I disclose or not and these convictions can be errased? Would you like to share your experience? Regards
You need to disclose the conviction in your application form but most likely it will be refused and you lose the fees because of the good character criteria if you do conceal that information and don't disclose it on the form you'll risk to be barred from appliying for the next 10 years, you will have to wait until your conviction is spent since you got a magistrate court fine and Under rehabilitation offender act is 5 years, you can apply in 2013 and you don't have to disclose your conviction because it will be spent " Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein