ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does indefinite leave to remain come under immigration control?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kutaiba1993
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Does indefinite leave to remain come under immigration control?

Post by Kutaiba1993 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:57 pm

Hi, I have got Ilr and had one baby last month. My wife is on flr m and she can not apply for any benefits.
Can I still apply for tax credit or not?
Does ILR comes under immigration control or not?
Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Does indefinite leave to remain come under immigration control?

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:19 am

If you have ilr you can claim benefits you qualify for. Note it is likely universal credit now and not individual tax credits
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Re: Does indefinite leave to remain come under immigration control?

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:29 am

An ILR holder is not a person subject to immigration control under Section 115(9).
“A person subject to immigration control” means a person who is not a national of an EEA State and who—
  • (a) requires leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom but does not have it;
  • (b) has leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom which is subject to a condition that he does not have recourse to public funds;
  • (c) has leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom given as a result of a maintenance undertaking; or
  • (d)has leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom only as a result of paragraph 17 of Schedule 4.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.