ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the uk test if i fail how long is visa extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pollygreen
Newly Registered

life in the uk test if i fail how long is visa extension

Post by pollygreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:18 am

Hi My partner is here on a unmarried partner settlement visa for 27mths. He has started an English language class but as his spoken English is good his reading is poor we are concerned he will fail, what happens if you fail can you get an extension on the visa, if so how many times can you extend and how long is an extension.
We have 2 children and want to make here our home and are trying to prepare for this apparently very difficult test. How many times can you resit the test before they would send you home. any info on this subject is welcomed and thank you in advance for any help given. :?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:12 am

Currently, an extension will be for two years. No limit to number of extensions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

pollygreen
Newly Registered

life in the uk test if I fail

Post by pollygreen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:49 am

Soooo, if my partner is on a unmarried partner settlement visa (27mths) he can extend for 2 years obviously showing that he is resitting the test or attending ESOL courses level 1-3, doe's that mean you can only start to apply for an extension very close to the end of visa which will be October 2013, how close to the end of visa would you suggest? ( I hope he passes obviously instead of extending). Thank you for your reply.