ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant's ILR: Avoiding Wastage! Careful of Change!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Angelica

Dependant's ILR: Avoiding Wastage! Careful of Change!!

Post by Angelica » Thu May 31, 2012 8:37 pm

Hmmm

1) Recently got ILR based on 10 years long residency

2) Spouse has been my dependant for more than 6 years(as a student dependant and psw dependant)

3) Spouse currently have PSW dependant visa that will expire next year. Did not apply with me in my ILR application because there is no room for that.

4) In december, spouse will be able to apply for his own ILR based on 10 years. I mean in 6 months time.

5) Unfortunately, the law only allow her to apply for FLR(M), which means he can get ILR in 2 years time. Even though we've been married for 8 years here in UK.

Can he just wait till December to apply straight for his ILR?

Could the law change?

Is nt it a waste of money to make one application now and then another one in 6 months?

Help guys!

Cheers

geriatrix

Re: Dependant's ILR: Avoiding Wastage! Careful of Change!!

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 31, 2012 9:07 pm

Angelica wrote:Can he just wait till December to apply straight for his ILR?
Yes (under long residence), if he does not intend to travel outside UK until his settlement application is decided.
Angelica wrote:Could the law change?
Ask a clairvoyant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:18 am

Angelica wrote:1) Recently got ILR based on 10 years long residency
Great news!
vinny wrote:However, I am concerned about her future Long residence application.
Do give details!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:50 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Angelica wrote:Can he just wait till December to apply straight for his ILR?
Yes (under long residence), if he does not intend to travel outside UK until his settlement application is decided.
Angelica wrote:Could the law change?
Ask a clairvoyant.
He's not going anywhere.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:51 am

vinny wrote:
Angelica wrote:1) Recently got ILR based on 10 years long residency
Great news!
vinny wrote:However, I am concerned about her future Long residence application.
Do give details!
I have give the details in set o timelines the other time, thanking you for your help in those dark days.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Spouse visited MP's office who put a call through to UKBA.

They callected hubby's refrence and promised to call back after looking at his file. They called back and says

1) his dependant visa is techinally void because the main applicant is no more on PBS visa so cant wait to make ILR on 10 years in december.

2) He was asked to fill set o and do that very soon. Beside LIUK result, is there any important document needed for this application?

Cheers

mist99
Newly Registered

Post by mist99 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:53 pm

I have to say that I'm getting confused. According to a sticky post, 'PBS dependants whose leave expires after 08-Jul-12: If your current (PBS dependant) leave will expire after you have completed the qualifying period then, according to the changes announced, it is expected that there will be no need for such dependants to switch to FLR(M) leave and will be able to apply for settlement directly.' (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378).

If this is right, it seems that your spouse has been with you for over 2 years, and he wouldn't need to switch and could apply for ILR directly? Could moderators clarify?

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:51 pm

mist99 wrote:I have to say that I'm getting confused. According to a sticky post, 'PBS dependants whose leave expires after 08-Jul-12: If your current (PBS dependant) leave will expire after you have completed the qualifying period then, according to the changes announced, it is expected that there will be no need for such dependants to switch to FLR(M) leave and will be able to apply for settlement directly.' (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378).

If this is right, it seems that your spouse has been with you for over 2 years, and he wouldn't need to switch and could apply for ILR directly? Could moderators clarify?
It can really make one cracy.

Imagine an account manager in UKBA dont know that dependant of ILR on long residency cannot apply at the same time!!

mist99
Newly Registered

Post by mist99 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:19 pm

Angelica wrote: 2) He was asked to fill set o and do that very soon.
Angelica, I'm getting a bit confused by what you posted here. Are you sure that the Home Office asked your spouse to fill in the set (O) form? I though it would either be FLR (M) if your spouse has to switch the visa or SET(M) if your spouse can apply directly for settlement.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:50 pm

mist99 wrote:
Angelica wrote: 2) He was asked to fill set o and do that very soon.
Angelica, I'm getting a bit confused by what you posted here. Are you sure that the Home Office asked your spouse to fill in the set (O) form? I though it would either be FLR (M) if your spouse has to switch the visa or SET(M) if your spouse can apply directly for settlement.
Very suprised too.

The suprise thing was the UKBA took over 3 hours to research the file and come back with response.

They told me the day i got the ILR, dependant visa at that point become useless.

mist99
Newly Registered

Post by mist99 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:03 pm

That's good then. If you are asked to fill in the set(o) form, it means that your spouse can apply for settlement now, and it is exactly the sticky post advised. Please update the result of your spouse's application when you can, it will be really helpful for the others.

Angelica

Post by Angelica » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:23 pm

mist99 wrote:That's good then. If you are asked to fill in the set(o) form, it means that your spouse can apply for settlement now, and it is exactly the sticky post advised. Please update the result of your spouse's application when you can, it will be really helpful for the others.
Where in the sticky?