ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR DUE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Prem2012
Newly Registered

ILR DUE

Post by Prem2012 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:54 pm

Hello,

I am due to apply for ILR at Croydon in two weeks time. However reading through these posts - I realised that I had car accident in last year Dec which was my fault as I bumped in car ahead of me which was already bumped into another car. Its my fault that I hit car from back.

The claim is now been dealt by Insurance company. No police involved.

I am now bit unsure, does this affect my ILR? If yes, can someone please do guide as what do I need to do in this case?

Help please.

Many Thanks in advance, Prem

dsoso

ilr-car accident a criminal offence

Post by dsoso » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:34 pm

prem2012,
read your post about being involved a a car accident,you are fine and cases that constitute a criminal offence are those which most often than not end up in court.
Dont worry yourself sick about this as there are bigger and more real criminal convictions issues to be handled.
Hope this helps.

Prem2012
Newly Registered

Post by Prem2012 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:29 am

Thanks dosco.

Does that mean I need not mention car accident on my application form?

Thanks, P

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:22 pm

no u need not mention it.most people get involved in car accident daily and unless it is drink driving and hit and run etc, then its no criminal offence.
Cheers and all the best

Prem2012
Newly Registered

Post by Prem2012 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks dsoco. Really helpful.

Any other views, seniors..help please.

Thanx, Prem

Prem2012
Newly Registered

Post by Prem2012 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:24 pm

[quote="Prem2012"]Thanks dsoco. Really helpful.

Thanx, Prem[/quote]

friend12345

Post by friend12345 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:56 pm

Prem2012 wrote:
Prem2012 wrote:Thanks dsoco. Really helpful.

Thanx, Prem
There is nothing to worry about at all, you will be fine.

Good Luck

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:03 am

Hi Prem2012

Well telling you the truth that you must have got a full UK driving License so there we go you're covered by Law for Driving and you're fully insured I am hoping as well ,and Accidents do happen and it can happen by any one so there we go its not a Crimnal Offense at all even if the Accident was your fault all the accidents happened due to ones fault some times you're just unfortunate that you're on the faulty side and some times you're lucky that you aren't on the faulty side but the moral of the story is that they didn't need to be mentioned on the Set(o) form as once again it has got nothing to do with any Crimnal related things that's all I can say.

To the best of my understanding a Crimnal offense is one in which the Law gets involved and you get some kind of decision against you for eg a formal Caution by the Police and other things God Forbid you gets the decision from Courts and the things like that just a normal car accidents and paying few Penality Charge Notices wont have any affect on any ones ILR.

You will be fine completely safe and sound for your ILR.

One advice just try to make your self feel confident and get over your fear factor for Goodness Sake its just an ILR and the CW are normal human beings just like you and me they don't really have a magic wond nor they have a Crystal ball so that they can see that what have you done wrong in the past like Accidents and the things like that. Yes if the Accident were due to Drink Driving or wreckless driving or driving without lawfully on the road I mean with out having a Full Proper Insurance and a Driving License then it would be a whole lot different story. If that's not the case then read my post carefully and ask your self where would you like to place your self in judging your self.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

Prem2012
Newly Registered

Post by Prem2012 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Thanks Smam.

This is really great help to overcome mind block. Also just to share on forum, I have spoken to Insurance company and they said that it's just a insurance claim and there is no conviction/offence.

Surely I'm preparing my application and will share my experience of PEO at Croydon.

Thanx, Prem