ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in ILR PEO Premium Service Application in Croydon Off

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

orcas
Newly Registered

Post by orcas » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:58 pm

swapnil.w wrote:
orcas wrote:Guys, just to keep you posted, I received my approval letter today, so it seems they are going through the applications sent to liverpool from croydon.
Will update once i receive the card
Hi,
Congratulations. Did you receive printed visa on your passport or Is it just the Biometric with Visa on it?

Regards,
Swapnil.
Swapnil,

there is no visa in your passport anymore, you'll get a biometric card with the ILR information.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:50 pm

ashazhang
Newly Registered

mad

Post by ashazhang » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:52 pm

I applied on Tue July 3, Until now, no phone call, no letter, nothing.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Re: mad

Post by Rohaya74 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:55 am

ashazhang wrote:I applied on Tue July 3, Until now, no phone call, no letter, nothing.

Like you I applied on the 3rd July. After 2 weeks of no calls, no letter from HO, I decided to sent an email to my local MP! I received a reply from the MP office within a day. I've now received my approval letter, original documents with my passport and Biometric Card. So I encourage you to write a letter to your local MP.

Good luck and I hope you get yours soon.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 am

Rohaya74 wrote:
ashazhang wrote:I applied on Tue July 3, Until now, no phone call, no letter, nothing.

Like you I applied on the 3rd July. After 2 weeks of no calls, no letter from HO, I decided to sent an email to my local MP! I received a reply from the MP office within a day. I've now received my approval letter, original documents with my passport and Biometric Card. So I encourage you to write a letter to your local MP.

did you apply PEO ? which one ? you were given further enquiry letter. please explain

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:46 pm

ryan2020 wrote:
Rohaya74 wrote:

did you apply PEO ? which one ? you were given further enquiry letter. please explain
PEO in Croydon on the 3rd of July. No letter given except the officer said we will call you within2-3 days, which clearly they didn't called. As I said after 2 weeks of no call and letter from HO, I sent an emai, to local MP. I was shocked when I got a reply anda phone call from the MP office saying my case being looked at and next day I received approval letter along side the original documents and passport. I've also received my biometric card within the same week of sending an email to my local MP.

Like everyone else on this forum, I still want to claim or at least get some refund back because we were treated as none Premium Service.

My email to the MP was very clear btw. I also mentioned the officer number who took my documents, my case ref number etc.

I like to see if anyone received any refund back.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Rohaya74 wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:
Rohaya74 wrote:

PEO in Croydon on the 3rd of July. No letter given except the officer said we will call you within2-3 days, which clearly they didn't called. As I said after 2 weeks of no call and letter from HO, I sent an emai, to local MP. I was shocked when I got a reply anda phone call from the MP office saying my case being looked at and next day I received approval letter along side the original documents and passport. I've also received my biometric card within the same week of sending an email to my local MP.

Like everyone else on this forum, I still want to claim or at least get some refund back because we were treated as none Premium Service.

My email to the MP was very clear btw. I also mentioned the officer number who took my documents, my case ref number etc.

officer no you mean case worker name ?? every buddy is waiting if any one successful in getting refund back

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Post by Rohaya74 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:24 pm

ryan2020 wrote:
Rohaya74 wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:
Rohaya74 wrote:

officer no you mean case worker name ?? every buddy is waiting if any one successful in getting refund back
no name! The office/caseworker no. I asked her name, she said just take my number which was shown on their badge.

ashazhang
Newly Registered

Post by ashazhang » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:20 pm

so depressed
Last edited by ashazhang on Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rohaya74
Newly Registered

Re: HELP!

Post by Rohaya74 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:15 pm

ashazhang wrote:Help! I need advice. i received a letter from the home office today asking for more documents. I'm self employed selling oriental jade( small part of my income). this is a private business where people buy pieces then go, so I have their names and don't have any details at all. my accountant says it's not necessary to have their addresses because this is a private business but the home office have asked for them so i must respond. what can i do?
Sounds sticky!! The best is perhaps to listen to your accountant. If the business is genuin, then you have nothing to worry about. Sorry I'm not an expert in this case, maybe or senior members can share their thoughts and advice.

ashazhang
Newly Registered

Re: HELP!

Post by ashazhang » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:05 am

Rohaya74 wrote:
ashazhang wrote:Help! I need advice. i received a letter from the home office today asking for more documents. I'm self employed selling oriental jade( small part of my income). this is a private business where people buy pieces then go, so I have their names and don't have any details at all. my accountant says it's not necessary to have their addresses because this is a private business but the home office have asked for them so i must respond. what can i do?
Sounds sticky!! The best is perhaps to listen to your accountant. If the business is genuin, then you have nothing to worry about. Sorry I'm not an expert in this case, maybe or senior members can share their thoughts and advice.
the business 100% is genuine, I record every transaction and pay all the relevant tax.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 am

virgo2012 wrote:hi roxy
u r right .its realy a lot of stress and i have started this forum initially when i did not receive the premium services from ukba after paying premium fee.i am relax today and will start giving pain to ukba from 2maro for their sub standard services for all the applicants.
any update on complain ?

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:45 am

missgolightly wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:
missgolightly wrote:And just to further clarify to you all: I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.

For some reason this wasn't considered. Over the phone, the lady said I had been given the wrong advice and that annual leave entitlement doesn't necessarily get excluded. This goes against their own guidance and cases in the past, which were quoted by my lawyer in her covering letter.

She said on the phone that because I left the country for 90 days after being in the UK for 10 days, that "didn't look good". I guess it doesn't look good (I decided to get some travelling and family visiting out of the way before getting a job) however that statement isn't part of any legal guidance and I think it some kind of discretion being used by some incompetent people in Liverpool.

Wish me luck on Tier 1 renewal!!
Hi Missgolightly

sorry to hear about your visa but still you should be happy that they didn't send you refusal after your leave have expired.
Did you apply on 28 days window ?

can you clear about your absences

'I had 245 days total, however I had 120 days of annual leave entitlement so my total days absent fall below the 180 days rule.'

does you absences were 245 or 120 ??? leave entitlement is 180 days in 5 years period including paid/unpaid/business trip Excluding more than 90 days in a stretch or totaling to more than 180 days.

if you have 245 days out of country i believe you have exceeded the entitlement.

have they refuse you on 245 days ? or 90 days.

But its Greater than 90 days not 90 days... even you have to give brief / accepted reason for 90 days even.

'She said on the phone that because I left the country for 90 days after being in the UK for 10 days, that "didn't look good".'

you mean you arrived in the country and after 10 days you left UK for 90 days ? is this correct ?

so your lawyer writes in covering letter that this will go against your guidance notes in the past cases. Personally i don't like this you are writing to CW and telling that in previous cases it was against ukba etc... make CW no good.

I have seen your posts Please can you list every thing like whom you write , complains etc so if any one like to do that they have all the info.

thanks
Hi Ryan, you'll have to excuse my absence from this forum, I have been taking all my time to file my Tier 1 renewal which went into the post yesterday. This should be a guaranteed.

to update you on the further feedback I've had, and to make everyone aware of my case:
-My immigration consultants (who actually I have found out are not registered solicitors so I will stop calling them lawyers) have never had a case refused such as mine and are in total shock and will write to the home office to say they have made an error
-The Home Office actually doesn't have any written guidance specifically saying what is the practice which is: you can total you days of absence, and then disregard all annual leave entitlement, and if that is below 180 days, you are fine
-The reason for my refusal wasn't the 90 days, as I didn't have more and that would be fine, the reason quoted was too many days of absence, and the caseworker, according to my consultants has not applied the guidance correctly as she seems to forget that we are allowed 180 days AFTER disregarding annual leave entitlement
-I have had a barrister (someone who is a trained registered barrister who works for a court of justice-luckily a good friend of mine) explain to me that in fact there are no set rules around the 180 days, it sounds like it's just a common practice, therefore the Home Office although probably deciding out of line with thousands of other cases like mine, are not technically or legally wrong
-It seems I have been very unlucky, and I am investigating if I have been given bad advice from my immigration consultants, however I am very exhausted by all this and as luckily my refusal letter was over a week before my leave expires, I am 100% still okay
-I have complained to the UKBA directly about the Premium service, The Home Office directly (Got a bounceback), and alerted Watch Dog and channel 4 news. I plan on contacting the Parliamentary Ombudsman at some point (phone number 03450154033, email phso.equiries@ombudsman.org.uk). I will also write to my MP about my case as my consultants really insist the home office have made an error. I may also complain to the Immigration authority over my consultants if need be, not relevant to all of you.

Really the worst part for me is the travel I will likely be missing due to the postal applications taking weeks, and the impending strike likely not going to help.

Has anyone renewed a Tier 1 recently? How long did it take? My friend took 6 weeks in March.

Also I have to RETAKE my biometrics even though I already took them.

Virgo: I'm so happy for you!! best of luck to all, it will take time but you'll all get an answer. My case took weeks, and that was with additional work needed due to my absences.

Also, btw it is standard to quote cases in covering letters, my good friend had a similar situation to mine, same case quoted, same consultant and she got her ILR no problem.
Hi Miss,

Any update on complain procedure etc ??? any luck with tier 1 application ???

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:04 pm

My request to UKBA Croydon and Liverpool has been arrive to them on 27th July but havent rcvd any reply from them. Will wait for 10 working days for to get reply otherwise will go for complaint at higher level.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:19 pm

virgo2012 wrote:My request to UKBA Croydon and Liverpool has been arrive to them on 27th July but havent rcvd any reply from them. Will wait for 10 working days for to get reply otherwise will go for complaint at higher level.
please keep us updated. did you wrote a letter to who ? yoru case worker or whom ?? address etc ? plz do keep updated thx

bbj
Newly Registered

peo sheffield

Post by bbj » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:22 pm

Shivi, howfar have they answered you now?

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 am

virgo2012 wrote:pls chk the following link
http://www.davidsonmorris.com/dmblog/
I have emailed to settlemet policy heres the reply. Means Hold application will be treated as postal application.

Dear xxx,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the recent changes to the immigration rules following the Alvi Judgement. I have inserted my responses to each of the points you raised, within the body of your original e mail in blue text.

Regards

Ann
UK Border Agency – Settlement Ops Policy team

Season’s Greetings & Good day.

There are reports published in press that consequent to Judgment announced on 18 July 2012 by the Supreme Court in case of Alvi vs. Secretary to the State Home Affairs, the Home office has submitted to the Parliament around 20th July 2012 a number of Policies and rules relating to immigration for approval and ratification which hitherto has not been approved by the parliament as per immigration Act 1971. I shall be grateful if you kindly mail me following information’s at your earliest convenience:

List of rules, policies etc. submitted to Parliament around 20th July 2012 for ratification. It is desirable that such list may also be placed at Home Office & UKBA website for information of General public.

The statement of changes to the rules is published on the UKBA website and can be accessed via this link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

How much time Parliament will take to ratify /approve the proposed immigration rules etc. and does any notification is issued for approval?

The rules change was laid before parliament on 19 July 2012 and came into force on 20 July 2012. As with all Statements of Changes in Immigration Rules, it is subject to negative resolution procedure, which means the changes remain in force unless they are disapproved by Parliament within 40 days of being laid.

The effective date of these rules after Parliament approval/ratification.

The changes to the rules became effective from 20th July 2012.

How these rules when ratified by the parliament will affect the case of those who were allowed initial approval under HSMP and subsequent extension in their visa for 2 & 3 years basis were allowed under new rules of point scoring system as per changes made in the policy in 2008 and under which rules their ILR will be approved.

These particular changes made to the rules 20th July 2012 were to address the judgement decision in the case of Alvi vs Secretary of State which required that specified evidence required to support an immigration application, previously referred to in the rules, but only detailed in guidance, must now be included within the rules. The specified evidence has not been changed, it has simply been added to the rules.
These changes have not affected the requirements for settlement for HSMP migrants.

In further investigation cases what is process of investigation how much time it takes to complete the investigation? What is the time frame for completion of investigation under premium service application on which UKBA is mandated to take decision on same day basis.

Cases which require UKBA to conduct further enquiries before a decision can be made, are governed by the time it takes for the information requested to be received, but will be subject to the same service level agreement as postal applications which is that we will aim to decide 95% of applications within six months.

Presently there are no effective methods in UKBA for knowing the status of an application. UKBA do not respond on phone, and emails.

UKBA receive many requests for progress updates on individual cases via the settlement operational policy mailbox which you have used to submit this enquiry. The settlement ops policy team will not respond directly to such requests, but forward them to the business operational area.

Policy guide line indicate maximum period of six month. At least in premium service cases the maximum period should not exceed seven days’ time in which decision must be taken and communicated to applicant. This aspect merit consideration by the policy maker in UKBA as well Home office.
Please see previous response to point 5.

I look forward for an early response.

Best Regard

missgolightly

Complaint Reply

Post by missgolightly » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Hey everyone, I received a letter in response to my initial complaint about the PEO service. It was basically useless, saying they are sorry, they had IT issues and actually I got a reply in 2 weeks which is much faster than a postal application.

I was thinking of complaining again to someone higher up (there is some kind of supervisor named who I can write to) as the letter is actually not even properly addressing the issues on the day (it mentions Biometrics but that was the only part of the day which went well) but I don't see the point.

My lawyers said asking for money back is a total waste of time. I don't think anyone will get money back....

No big surprise I guess.

I wonder if everyone sends a letter to this David Fyfe person who seems to be the complaints supervisor, we would get anywhere...

nionlight
Member of Standing

Re: Complaint Reply

Post by nionlight » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:21 pm

missgolightly wrote:Hey everyone, I received a letter in response to my initial complaint about the PEO service. It was basically useless, saying they are sorry, they had IT issues and actually I got a reply in 2 weeks which is much faster than a postal application.

I was thinking of complaining again to someone higher up (there is some kind of supervisor named who I can write to) as the letter is actually not even properly addressing the issues on the day (it mentions Biometrics but that was the only part of the day which went well) but I don't see the point.

My lawyers said asking for money back is a total waste of time. I don't think anyone will get money back....

No big surprise I guess.

I wonder if everyone sends a letter to this David Fyfe person who seems to be the complaints supervisor, we would get anywhere...
We will not get anywhere unfortunately. They have the audacity to say '2 weeks is much faster than postal' . They forgot they charge a huge amount of money for 'SAME DAY' service not a 2 week service. Nothing can stop this scammer. They will milk money out of immigrants by any means possible. :evil:

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:25 pm

every buddy is waiting if any one successful in getting refund back
I know one girl she paid by american express.She got her BRC after 15 days after visit PEO, then she compained to Ukba for refund.They answered the system is out of control and did not give refund.So she complained to american express then...After one month of waiting she have got £400!!!!
Last edited by ramay on Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:41 pm

what is american express?

ramay

Post by ramay » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:44 pm

virgo2012 wrote:what is american express?
type of card https://www.americanexpress.com/

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:44 am

ramay wrote:
every buddy is waiting if any one successful in getting refund back
I know one girl she paid by american express.She got her BRC after 15 days after visit PEO, then she compained to Ukba for refund.They answered the system is out of control and did not give refund.So she complained to american express then...After one month of waiting she have got £400!!!!
[/quote]

Hi ramay,

can you please ask the girl whole procedure. fortunately i paid by Amex card but i'm, still waiting for the decision. when i get decision then only i can complain. what you say ? whom she wrote to UKBA i mean person name and address and what she wrote to American express..
can you please find out for me. thx a lot...

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Complaint Reply

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:46 am

missgolightly wrote:Hey everyone, I received a letter in response to my initial complaint about the PEO service. It was basically useless, saying they are sorry, they had IT issues and actually I got a reply in 2 weeks which is much faster than a postal application.

No big surprise I guess.

David Fyfe do he sits in Croydon PEO ? or who is he ??

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:29 pm

I know one girl she paid by american express.She got her BRC after 15 days after visit PEO, then she compained to Ukba for refund.They answered the system is out of control and did not give refund.So she complained to american express then...After one month of waiting she have got £400!!!! [/quote][/quote]

ramay waiting for your reply mate .