ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

P60s for last 5 years - Are they required for Tier1 to ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gaurav007
Newly Registered

P60s for last 5 years - Are they required for Tier1 to ILR?

Post by gaurav007 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Dear All,

I quite like the forum as one-stop-shop for all answers to immigration queries.

My question is regarding P60s requirement:

Chronology of Events:

1) Arrived 22 Sept 2007 - Work Permit
2) Converted Work permit to HSMP – 29th Nov 2007
3) Further leave to remain received – 29th Nov 2009 (Tier 1 General category)
4) Visa valid till – 29th Nov 2012 (Tier 1 General)
5) Completing 5 years on 22 Sep 2012
6) Less 28 days – 24th Aug 2012
7) Croydon Premium appointment booked for 29th Aug 2012 (for self and two dependants)

When I first came in on work permit, I was paid per diem by my parent company in India and that’s why I do not have any P60 for the that period but after that I’ve been in continuous employment and have last 4 P60s only.

Question: Is it mandatory for ILR using Set (O) to submit all the last 5 yr P60s? If it’s compulsory, what is the best way to get last 5 year tax history?

As I understand even the last three P60 should suffice as my documents were assessed for continuous employment during FLR in 2009 (when my visa was converted from HSMP to Tier 1 General).
Kindly advice me with your valuable guidance.

Thanks in advance!

ash321

Post by ash321 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:44 pm

It is not mandatory to provide p60 for last five years as many guys posted here that HO just asked last one year P60. but it is advisable to keep with you when they ask. The best way to get last 5 year tax history, call HMRC and ask for your tax history documents.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:17 pm

It is better to have evidence to show the continuity of past 5 years. You can also have letter from your employer confirming your employment in past 5 years.

Though it is not asked but it depends on the case worker. If he asks for these proof and you don't have it...it might delay the outcome.

gaurav007
Newly Registered

Post by gaurav007 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:20 am

I admit it's good to take the doument if you have it but logically, my continuity of employment was checked when I was awarded FLR/extension to Tier 1 visa and should be checked for the years after i.e. last three years.