ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on hold due to LUK confirmation - Liverpool PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

slashhypha
Newly Registered

ILR on hold due to LUK confirmation - Liverpool PEO

Post by slashhypha » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I applied at the liverpool PEO on 8th August

I had all my documents in tact including the Life In The UK pass certificate. Which I had taken on the 4th of August.

They said they were unable to confirm my pass status hence they will hold my application as well as my passport and life in the UK original pass certificate, right now as you might understand im very nervous and uneasy as I need to fly on Sunday 19th... (already missed my flight for today the 12th).

Am I best to withdraw my application and get my passport back as my tier 1 of which I was applying under expires march next year? Or am i better off to wait? The problem is I cant wait indefinitely and the UKBA are exceptional at not giving anything to go by, but just asking you... wait...

Would a solicitor help in this case?

any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated!

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:33 pm

You need to do nothing. Let them check your LiUK status. You have nothing to fear. Just wait a little while and you will hear good news.

slashhypha
Newly Registered

Post by slashhypha » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:28 am

asim72 wrote:You need to do nothing. Let them check your LiUK status. You have nothing to fear. Just wait a little while and you will hear good news.
Thanks a lot for your response asim72.. My problem is, I can't define what 'a little while' means.. 1 week/1month/6months? Am I effectively in the postal queue?

The other problem is I am limited to how long I can wait what because I need to travel for work purposes in the next few days which I can't avoid ( reason why I did the same day service).

From my understanding, I provided all documents they needed, adhered to all rules on the website, and it seems that somehow I have to bear the brunt..

I really hope for good news! (hopefully soonish or at least if they give some timeline.)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:08 am

Then why did you not sit for LIUK earlier? It seems to me that this situation is created by urself.

I applied at the liverpool PEO on 8th August

I had all my documents in tact including the Life In The UK pass certificate. Which I had taken on the 4th of August

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:15 am

Well done you, Somudro....but I don't think your unsympathetic 'advice' is going to help this member now. :?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:24 am

i would just sit back and relax. one they have the updated test results they will come back to you.

there are many people leaving LIUK very late.

slashhypha
Newly Registered

Post by slashhypha » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:12 pm

innocentdevil wrote:i would just sit back and relax. one they have the updated test results they will come back to you.

there are many people leaving LIUK very late.
Thanks for your responses all..

By the looks of things.. The 48hours specified on their website is nothing to go by.. Because they said at least 48hours before application..

And if my maths still serves me right I left double of 48hours.. So 96hours?! Would that still be deemed as taking a test 'late'?

Maybe there something I'm not understanding..

Thanks again for all your responses.. Also if anyone has been in this same situation in the past.. Could you please post how long it took in your case?

Thanks again