ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (G) - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abc111
BANNED

Tier 1 (G) - ILR

Post by abc111 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi,

I am getting it rather tricky job situation wise and wondering if in case I have been made redundant then will I need to have a job before I could apply for ILR in six months time!! :(

Thanks.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:03 pm

sushdmehta wrote:See ILR Case but no Job now.
Mant thanks. I have gone through the thread and concluded that its merely a matter of luck!! Could you not offer me a yes or no
o response that i could use!

p2kin

Post by p2kin » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:15 pm

abc111 wrote:
Mant thanks. I have gone through the thread and concluded that its merely a matter of luck!! Could you not offer me a yes or no
He has given you a link where having no job ILR was succeeded, isn't that a kind of ans?

if you want yes or no as an answer, then if you satisfy all the conditions listed on home office site for ILR then, yes!! no otherwise...

abc111
BANNED

Post by abc111 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 pm

p2kin wrote:
abc111 wrote:
He has given you a link where having no job ILR was succeeded, isn't that a kind of ans?

if you want yes or no as an answer, then if you satisfy all the conditions listed on home office site for ILR then, yes!! no otherwise...
Many thanks I hope things go better.

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:30 am

Hi abc111,
if you are on Tier 1 , go to HMRC and register for self employment. it is the best way to show UKBA that you are economically active. once you register with HMRC, they will send you 2 letters
1)A welcome letter that shows your Self emplyment registration
2) to pay NIC 2 {National insureance contribution class 2 }. pay it through post office and get a stamp and date on the letter

i dont know what kind of job you are doing. start do simple jobs like computer fixing or Antivirus installation or even facebook and instagram setup for a person/friend. send invoice and get pay via cheque and get a remittence letter. sell some thing on ebay and make sure keep an invoice for this.

This is not for showing your salary but to show that you are economically active. when you apply for ILR get a letter from accountant stating your income [salary + self emplyed till very last month]. that serve the purpose.

HOpe this helps.