ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS ILR successfull @Solihull with dependants

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

euphoria1947
Mood:
India

PBS ILR successfull @Solihull with dependants

Post by euphoria1947 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:48 pm

Hello guys,
I thank all the members here(not the god) who directly or indirectly have given suggestions in the forum. I've followed this forum for quite a while now.
Initially, I had a dilemma which center to go and luckily I got two bookings consecutively in one attempt one in Solihull and other one in Croydon. Finally, I got train fare very very cheap so I decided to go to Solihull and cancelled Croydon appointment a week before.

I had a booking at 10.30 reached Solihull by 9, I just noted down the postcode and reached the office. Security guard didn't let us in till 10.00 then when we reached security check he told me that we have reached different office, we panicked and took direction from that office and with lot of circus we reached the correct office. Got token, complained to officer I felt it was of no use then waited for 20min. Now the real true story begins.....

10.50: Our token number was called went to counter 2, Asian guy was the case worker asked me whether we have photocopies of all documents and I said yes. He asked me one by one following docs:

1. Asked me SET(O) form. all passport and it's photocopy
2. Then he asked me what i'm doing and he asked me the duration I'm claiming, told him that claiming from OCT-2011 to SEPT-2012
3. Asked me to provide bank statement and payslips. He told me that I've missed SEPT-2012 bank statement. I got bit panicked :oops:, I told him the confusion and told me that pay slips cover from Oct - Sept but he said ok and then pointed out me that I've missed last year OCT-2011 pay slips .
This time I got really panicked :evil: . I was like I checked twice and some how I left both of them

Dependent application:
Then he started asking me dependent document. I didn't have much co-habitation proof. I recently added my wife's name in council tax and bank statement and we don't get any bills in our name. So, just took whatever I had..

1. Firstly he asked both of our life in UK test results.
2. Then asked us 2 years co-habitation proof So, I gave him 2011 rental agreement on both of our name and a GP letter that said we have been registered with the GP since 2009, then he asked me to furnish 2010 and 2012 co-habitation proof.
But I didn't have 2010 and told him that I don't have 2010 and gave him 2012 council tax bill that started from Mar-2012 and 2012 rental agreement.
3. I told him electoral letter but said no need. Any way my wife name was wrongly printed on that I doubt he would have considered that.

Here are the details of My case:
HSMP(15Nov-(07-09)) + Tier-1 (15Nov(09-12))
Date of Entry: 12 Feb 2008 (3 days less to complete 3 months)
Applied to ILR: 19-OCT-2012

Finally these are the origianls + photocopies submitted:
1. All Passports
2. payslips (NOV-11 to SEP-12)
3. Bank statment (OCT-11 to AUG-12)
4. LIUK test results - 2

He asked me neither P60 nor previous approval or employee letter. So varies from individual to individual...

Cohabitation proof :
1. rental agreement (2011, 2012)
2. Council tax (2012)
3. GP letter (that said registered since 2009)

Then finally he said, he is happy with our docs :shock: :D . I was relieved and said your should get BRP unless we have criminal conviction and asked us to come back at 2.00pm.

We went around. I was still un-happy with the application went around town center and came back at 1.00pm
I came back security guard asked my token number and I said 200. The lady in the counter said oh!! you 200 and then again I got shocked and finally she said your ILR been approved I said ah!!! my 2066 pounds :P

My 2 cents suggestion, don't forget to take all payslips and bank statements. you may not be as lucky as me
If you are applying for SET(O) dependent then spread your co-habitation docs for 2years. It doesn't have to be one doc covering 2 years. and not many of them are required.

Once again thank you all. Thanks for reading this mail and sorry for wasting your time :)

Cheers,
Euphoria

neo.kap

Re: SET(0) application(Main+dependent) @Solihull nd some goo

Post by neo.kap » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi Euphoria,

Congratulations...

I have a question, I am in similar boat for co-hab docs. I will be applying for ILR in Feb-2013.
As you mentioned you recently added your wife in council-tax bill then how did you get her name in march bill?
for 2011 I dont really have much document on my wife's name except NHS Card, GP letter and letter from Electoral register.
What is your advise?

p2kin

Re: SET(0) application(Main+dependent) @Solihull nd some goo

Post by p2kin » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:32 am

Congrats to you...!!
euphoria1947 wrote: I had a booking at 10.30 reached Solihull by 9, I just noted down the postcode and reached the office. Security guard didn't let us in till 10.00 then when we reached security check he told me that we have reached different office, we panicked and took direction from that office and with lot of circus we reached the correct office.
Which office did you go initially? & which office did you go later? can you please share both addresses?

Also, what card did you use? which bank issued it? was there any transaction related query from bank?

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:46 am

my friend euphoria1947,
Congratulations !. would you mind if i ask something? did you have enough salary in 10 payslips to claim previous earnings points?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:01 am

my token number was 200 as well :)

euphoria1947
Mood:
India

Post by euphoria1947 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:19 pm

@neo.kap
you recently added your wife in council-tax bill then how did you get her name in march bill?
for 2011 I dont really have much document on my wife's name except NHS Card, GP letter and letter from Electoral register.
What is your advise?
I don't have direct debit to council, I pay every month. I called up Council and told them to add my wife name and they sent me new one with my wife name. I'm in the same company and staying in the same house since 2009. My advice to you is:
Spread your co-habitation docs for 2 years like docs covering 2010, 2011 and 2012.
1. Get letter from GP.
2. Tenant agreement on both of your name. etc
should be fine, they don't need many documents for SET(O) dependent application...

@p2kin
Which office did you go initially? & which office did you go later? can you please share both addresses? Also, what card did you use? which bank issued it? was there any transaction related query from bank?
We went to UKBA, Homer road, Solihull, B91 3QJ, United Kingdom, later went to UKBA, station road, Solihull, B91 3QJ, United Kingdom.
As I mentioned I just took post code with me and didn't bother to check full address if you take full address you will be fine.
I used master card from Halifax no there was no query at all...

@tejomon
would you mind if i ask something? did you have enough salary in 10 payslips to claim previous earnings points?
I'm not sure I'll be able to give you clear answer, but i submitted 11 payslips and also Bank statements more or less both covered 12 months together. And yes 11 payslips would have covered enough points.

@innocentdevil
he he they actually goofed up with the token system that day.. :)