ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET(M) ILR granted yesterday

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Myb

SET(M) ILR granted yesterday

Post by Myb » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi everyone

Thank you guys for your help and advice, this forum helped me a lot in my application, i even find better information here than what my solicitor told me

lhamdollah yesterday i was granted my ILR using form SET(M) at PEO Cardiff, the process was not good at all but i was thankfull to get it all done

My appointment was at 12:30, i arrived just before 12 went through security and waited till i was called, the officer asked me for the form and my IDs and all the documents i want to submit with the application, i used the settlement checking service and they told me what documents i ll need and they made copies of them all and told me it should be enough so i gave the officer those documents plus the photocopies then he said give us your phone number and we will call you when we look at everything and he told me it will take about four hours, then he told me to go with an other officer to give my biometrics

afterthat i went to town looked around for couple hours till 3 pm and i started to worry because the case is very straight forward and doesn't need four hours to decide, so i went back to the office to wait inside before they shut, since i had to turn my phone off i went to the officer and told him that im waitting in the building then he called the case worker to check then he told me they need more cohabitation documents and anything else i have with our address, as i was giving him more documents the caseworker came over and asked to see my wife and told me it ll take another hour or so, so we sat and waited for almost an hour and half till 5:30 when she came down and said that i was granted the ILR and gave me the letter.

It took over 5 hours, and the way they dealt with the case was very bad because the officer said they will call me if they need anything or when they make a decision but they never did, luckily i decided to go back to the PEO thats when they said they needed more documents. One other thing is when u submit the documents at first its done with an immigration officer not the caseworker who decides which was the reason it took forever because if i spoke to the caseworker at first ok would have known what she wanted and gave it to her there and then.
The office is very accessible and the security stuff are very helpful and although it took over half an hour to find a parking spot we eventually found one behind the PEO.

I wouldnt advice anyone to use Cardiff PEO its a lot better to go to Croydon
If anybody has a question or need help with anything just ask, thank you again
Last edited by Myb on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

InUkOnHsmp

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm

Congratulation, good you did not have any issues with card payment.

Can you please put a list of the cohab docs you provided here, along with the duration they were valid for?
Challenges make life worth it!

Myb

Post by Myb » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:04 pm

thank you, the officer was very helpful because when i told him about the issue i have with the card ( i couldnt print a new payment page and write new cards info ), he gave me a new payment page and i wrote my new details on it.

we lived with my in laws in till may this year then moved to our Flat, so the cohabitation documents i submited that have both our names on them were for the last 6 months starting from may 2012, wich included ( npower bills, british gas, talktalk, tv license, council tax, water bill and GP letter)

beside that, bank statments for joint account for every month from august 2010 to october 2012

and the rent agreement

after they asked for more documents, i gave EVERYTHING i had which was a looooooooooooooot lol