ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query re lost visa and 10 yr rule

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

joy_kavee

Query re lost visa and 10 yr rule

Post by joy_kavee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:49 am

Hi

I am about to apply for 10 yr ilr. However, at some stage I lost my biometric residence permit . I applied for a replacement but once I got he replacement, the date on the visa shows the issue date. The expiry date has remained the same.

Question is, how do I prove he gap between initial biometric residence permit issued and the issue date on the replacement residence permit?

I am assuming that home office shoul have some sort of records but I am assuming!!!

Anyone knows how to get around this issue?

Graceofgod

Re: Query re lost visa and 10 yr rule

Post by Graceofgod » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 am

joy_kavee wrote:Hi

I am about to apply for 10 yr ilr. However, at some stage I lost my biometric residence permit . I applied for a replacement but once I got he replacement, the date on the visa shows the issue date. The expiry date has remained the same.

Question is, how do I prove he gap between initial biometric residence permit issued and the issue date on the replacement residence permit?

I am assuming that home office shoul have some sort of records but I am assuming!!!

Anyone knows how to get around this issue?
Hi
Do not worry, replacement BRP card will have same valid from and valid to (expiry date). so you do not need to worry about the gap. HO would have your records on their system.