ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rejection at Solihull, reapply at Croydon, is it possible?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vikramrajpal

Rejection at Solihull, reapply at Croydon, is it possible?

Post by vikramrajpal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Friends please advise,

I'm on Tier 2 ICT and I have two appointments:

1. At Solihull (22nd Jan)
- Qualifying period Apr'07 - Apr'12
- Paid business trip outside UK: 125 (7th Oct'07 - 10th Feb'08 )
- Annual leaves: 179
- Total absences: 304

2. At Croydon (13th Feb).
- Qualifying period Feb'08 - Feb'13
- Annual absences: 179

I've doubts about the rule changes and with so many different opinions about the change, I thought I'll go to Solihull first and see what the case worker has to say. If all goes well, I'll get an ILR else I wouldn't be charged and would know for sure my chances in Croydon or atleast what's missing. Now I'm confused, if I get a rejection at Solihull on 22nd Jan would I be able to present my case to Croydon on 13th Feb or is there a minimum time I need to wait. Also I'm not sure whether my employer will issue me a letter stating all my paid annual leaves; hence, I thought visiting Solihull first would be prudent. My visa expires on 24th Apr'13

Please could you advise whether I'll be able to re-apply at Croydon, if I get a rejection in Solihull?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:41 pm

If you are rejected within rules in Solihull you will be rejected anywhere.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

vikramrajpal

Post by vikramrajpal » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:04 pm

hi wpilr_nov12,

Thanks for your reply...however, your argument is difficult to infer Could you please elaborate. My doubts were based on my specific case; the fact that on 22nd Jan @ Solihull my total absences would be 304 whereas on 13th Feb the total absences would be 179 because I would've surpassed my 125 day of paid business trip (I was offshore from 7th Oct'07 - 10th Feb'08 ). In other words my qualifying period changes.

So, I was interested to know:
a.) If Solihull PEO refuses my application due to absences I might stand a better chance @ Croydon?
b.) If yes then would I be able to re-apply @ Croydon on 13th Feb (while I have a valid VISA till 24th Apr'13)?

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 am

Firstly, you shouldn't have two appointments. It's against the rules and also put others at a disadvantage.

Secondly, your qualifying period for your Solihull appointment is incorrect. It will be exactly the same as the period that you specified for Croydon. (Feb 08 to Feb 13) - you can apply 28 days before you become eligible.

vikramrajpal

Post by vikramrajpal » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:08 am

Thanks for your reply mulderpf.

I booked the Solihull appointment earlier in Dec but didn't see it updated on the website under My Account although I did recieve a confirmation email. Thinking that the appointment would be invalid, I booked another one in Croydon. Later I checked with online support and they confirmed that the one at Solihull is valid too. So I ended up having two appointments. I'll cancel my Croydon one soon and update the forum.

and so many thanks for clarifying that the qualification period for Solihull would be Feb'08 to Feb'13. I so missed this point...!!!

xpscapable
Australia

Post by xpscapable » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:43 am

If I were you, I'd cancel Solihull and go to Croydon.

Because you're back in the country 10th Feb 2008, you don't have to explain why you weren't in country then.

Just add a unnecessary complication I think and it's only a few weeks differences.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:21 pm

I agree with xps applying at croydon is a much better option as you avoid the absence totally.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

salf27
Newly Registered

Post by salf27 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:55 pm

Hi vikramrajpal,

Can you please give me one of your appointment, I urgently need it as UKBA has for somereason cancelled my appointment ?

I would really appreciate your help on this.

nextweek
BANNED

Post by nextweek » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:02 pm

salf27 wrote:Hi vikramrajpal,

Can you please give me one of your appointment, I urgently need it as UKBA has for somereason cancelled my appointment ?

I would really appreciate your help on this.
If you need appointment for next week please mail your details to us :