ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is the earliest day I can apply for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vikramrajpal

What is the earliest day I can apply for ILR?

Post by vikramrajpal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:53 pm

I arrived in the UK on 10th Feb'08 and will complete 5 yrs on 10th Feb'13. My current Tier 2 ICT VISA expires on 24th Apr'13. Please could you help in clarifying whether the earliest I'll be able to apply for ILR is 28 days before completion of the qualifying period, i.e., 28 days before 10th Feb'13

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:00 pm

did you not get your answer in your original post??

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#762639
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vikramrajpal

Post by vikramrajpal » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks for your reply - apologies I didn't mean to repeat my question. In my earlier post I got "opinions" of experienced folks but here in this post I wanted to clarify the "rule". I looked at a couple of recent posts regarding the 28 day rule and I couldn't find the answer so out of curiousity I thought of sending this post. Could you clarify?