ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull 22nd Jan

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vikramrajpal

ILR Success @ Solihull 22nd Jan

Post by vikramrajpal » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:51 pm

Folks,

First and foremost a sincere thanks to all in this forum and especially to those who cared to reply to my queries. Here's a brief of my experience:

My Case
- Entered UK in Apr'07 on WP
- Converted to Tier 2 ICT in Apr'2009
- Extension of Tier 2 ICT in Apr'2011
I first went to solihull on 5th Oct'12 but they sent me back stating that they can't take a decision on my application the same day as I had a business trip outside UK for 124 days although I did produce the employer's letter. they asked me to make a postal application. I then chose to wait till 10th Feb 2013 so as to change my qualifying period. By the time rules changed on 13th Dec. And I got an appointment at Solihull on 22nd Jan. Thinking that i'll qualify for the 28 day rule (28 days before 10th Feb'13) I went to Solihull.

Documents checklist:
- Original WP + CoS 2009 + CoS 2011 + Accompanying UKBA letters
- Life in the UK test for self and spouse
- 12 month Salary slip
- 12 month bank statements
- Last 5 years P60
- Proof of cohabitation (House Rent agreements + Council Tax bills + Marriage certificate)
- Employer's letter
- Employer's letter for all my annual leaves presented in a tabular format
- Employment Tax history
- Bank statements and salary slips for all my annual leaves

Documents that the caseworker asked
- Life in the UK test
- Last 3 months Bank statements / Salary slips (I offered all 12 but the CW said 3 months should be fine)
- Proof of cohabitation (Council Tax + Rent agreement but you must carry utility bills as the caseworker asked me for anything else but I didn't have)
- Employer's letter

The CW didn't ask me for any photocopies or anything else. The overall experience was OK. Appointment at 10:30am, reached the PEO 20 min early, nearly 40 min of waiting time till my token was called, another 40 min of interview by the Case Worker where he asked for all the docs and form, followed by Biometrics, and then asked to leave to return in 2 hrs, the file was ready with a smile from the lady at the reception.

For those travelling by car, park your vehicles at John Lewis which is just around the corner of the PEO office. I spent my 2 hrs waiting at the restaurant at John Lewis - try the food there - absolutely delicious, espcially the Chicken Teriyaki soup. I have another PEO appointment at Croydon on 13th Feb. I'll be cancelling that today at 8pm
Last edited by vikramrajpal on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deepa999

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull 22nd Jan

Post by Deepa999 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Congratulations Vikram

Deepa

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:58 am

congratulations :D

ilrseekerlondon

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull 22nd Jan

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:13 pm

vikramrajpal wrote:Folks,

First and foremost a sincere thanks to all in this forum and especially to those who cared to reply to my queries. Here's a brief of my experience:

My Case
- Entered UK in Apr'07 on WP
- Converted to Tier 2 ICT in Apr'2009
- Extension of Tier 2 ICT in Apr'2011
I first went to solihull on 5th Oct'12 but they sent me back stating that they can't take a decision on my application the same day as I had a business trip outside UK for 124 days although I did produce the employer's letter. they asked me to make a postal application. I then chose to wait till 10th Feb 2013 so as to change my qualifying period. By the time rules changed on 13th Dec. And I got an appointment at Solihull on 22nd Jan. Thinking that i'll qualify for the 28 day rule (28 days before 10th Feb'13) I went to Solihull.

Documents checklist:
- Original WP + CoS 2009 + CoS 2011 + Accompanying UKBA letters
- Life in the UK test for self and spouse
- 12 month Salary slip
- 12 month bank statements
- Last 5 years P60
- Proof of cohabitation (House Rent agreements + Council Tax bills + Marriage certificate)
- Employer's letter
- Employer's letter for all my annual leaves presented in a tabular format
- Employment Tax history
- Bank statements and salary slips for all my annual leaves

Documents that the caseworker asked
- Life in the UK test
- Last 3 months Bank statements / Salary slips (I offered all 12 but the CW said 3 months should be fine)
- Proof of cohabitation (Council Tax + Rent agreement but you must carry utility bills as the caseworker asked me for anything else but I didn't have)
- Employer's letter

The CW didn't ask me for any photocopies or anything else. The overall experience was OK. Appointment at 10:30am, reached the PEO 20 min early, nearly 40 min of waiting time till my token was called, another 40 min of interview by the Case Worker where he asked for all the docs and form, followed by Biometrics, and then asked to leave to return in 2 hrs, the file was ready with a smile from the lady at the reception.

For those travelling by car, park your vehicles at John Lewis which is just around the corner of the PEO office. I spent my 2 hrs waiting at the restaurant at John Lewis - try the food there - absolutely delicious, espcially the Chicken Teriyaki soup. I have another PEO appointment at Croydon on 13th Feb. I'll be cancelling that today at 8pm
Congrats Vikram and thanks for sharing your experience. Can you please share your absence details, my case is similar to you (i.e. T2 ICt with one specific absence of 140 days). Also can you please tell which docs did u share to cover the long absence.

TRY4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by TRY4ILR » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi Vikram,

I am on T2-ICT with <90 days absences in 5.5 yrs. I have all documents to prove my continuous employment in UK but there is no "Employer Letter about my absences". More details of my case are in the post below.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=124194

Please can you advice me best ways to present my case, especially lack of absences letter. What are potential questions I may get from case worker on this?

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi,
Do they/case workers ask for your original work permit approval letter when deciding your application?

Your reply will be appriciated. Many Thanks....

vikramrajpal

Post by vikramrajpal » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:16 pm

Folks,

Sorry for not replying back in time. I was off sick for a few days but better now. Thanks for all your wishes, I've got my BRP as well today.

@ ilrseeker:
I had the following absences in 5yrs and 9 months here in the UK:
- Consecutive absence: 124 days (7th Oct'07 - 10th Feb'08 )
- Annual Leaves outside UK: 179 days
- Total absences: 303 days
I had two documents to cover my absences:
a) Employer letter for paid business trip outside UK for the 124 days absence
b) Employer Letter for all Annual Leaves amounting to 179 days
I was applying for qualifying period of 10th Feb'08 - 10th Feb'13. In the application form I quoted 10th Feb'08 as my start date for the ILR's consideration and not 16th apr'07 (the date I actually came the first time). The Case Worker didn't ask me any proofs although I carried both.

@TRY4ILR:
In my case the Case Worker didn't ask me to provide any proof of absences even though I ticked the box of evidence. So this makes me wonder whether this is actually mandatory or upto the discretion of the CW. If your employer isn't willing to write such a letter then don't worry - follow what cs95tdg says. Again for anything doubtful, best is to book a PEO at Solihull - atleast you can be sure that you only pay if it's a success. My gut feeling is that All will be Fine for you. < 90 days leave is too less to be noticeable...Mine had 303 in the worst case and 179 in the best case...So go ahead with confidence...

@MARCH:
No the Case Worker didn't ask me about the original WP / CoS 09/CoS 11 etc.

TRY4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by TRY4ILR » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:48 pm

Dear vikramrajpal,

Congratulations on getting ILR and BRP. And also, thanks a lot for your quick reply and encouraging words. :-) I wish a speedy recovery to you.

MARCH

Post by MARCH » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:50 pm

Hi, Many Thanks for reply....

TRY4ILR
Newly Registered

Post by TRY4ILR » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 am

Dear vikramrajpal,

I just wanted to update you that i got my ILR approved today :-)
Once again, thanks for your encouraging words.

db83

Post by db83 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:31 pm

Congratulations !!