ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR KIDS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KPROCKS
Newly Registered

ILR FOR KIDS

Post by KPROCKS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 pm

Hi Experts

I have my ILR due in March. Both my kids were born in UK. Do I go for ILR for them or directly for the passport.

I have read topics regarding this query before but still not convinced.

Please help and answer the query.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rock

alok_singh

Re: ILR FOR KIDS

Post by alok_singh » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 pm

KPROCKS wrote:Hi Experts

I have my ILR due in March. Both my kids were born in UK. Do I go for ILR for them or directly for the passport.
you can do both which one you prefer .

but logically you don't need ILR for children born in UK once you have got your ILR you can apply for BC using MN1 form.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rock

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:02 am

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rock

If you are not convinced, do you want to share why?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

mail123
Newly Registered

Post by mail123 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:40 am

I am on tier 2 (ICT) and have booked peo appointment on 19th feb. I have got two queries in relation to applying ILR for my kid
1- my daughter was born in the UK 3 years back .I got her indian passport and made her my dependent . She travelled with me back to india and entered uk as my dependent
Can I not include her in going for ilr and directly apply passport later if I get thru ilr?
2- i have booked appointment for my daughter also ; can I just not avail for her but avail for rest of my family. How do I get my daughter excluded from my appointment ?

Please guide

Thank you

alok_singh

Post by alok_singh » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:37 am

mail123 wrote:I am on tier 2 (ICT) and have booked peo appointment on 19th feb. I have got two queries in relation to applying ILR for my kid
1- my daughter was born in the UK 3 years back .I got her indian passport and made her my dependent . She travelled with me back to india and entered uk as my dependent
Can I not include her in going for ilr and directly apply passport later if I get thru ilr?
you can include her as a dependent in your ilr application
2- i have booked appointment for my daughter also ; can I just not avail for her but avail for rest of my family. How do I get my daughter excluded from my appointment ?
[/quote/

Call the customer care and tell that your daughter will not be attending the call

Please guide

Thank you

mail123
Newly Registered

Post by mail123 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 am

alok_singh wrote:
mail123 wrote:I am on tier 2 (ICT) and have booked peo appointment on 19th feb. I have got two queries in relation to applying ILR for my kid
Can I exclude her in going for ilr and directly apply passport later if I get thru ilr?
you can include her as a dependent in your ilr application
Thanks Alok;
Infact my query was other way round. Please see above the corrected text in bold
[/quote/

Call the customer care and tell that your daughter will not be attending the call

Please guide

Thank you

KPROCKS
Newly Registered

Post by KPROCKS » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:18 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rock

Hi Mate

Someone told it is easier to get kids british passport when you have their ILR, but after reading this forum I think it is not the case. That is the reason behind my query. Will u be kind enough to help me with it?

Regards

Rock

If you are not convinced, do you want to share why?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:37 pm

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Rock

Go for your ILR and later directly apply for your kids British citizenship. This saves money! Also, this is. A good approach especially if you and your kids don't have any impending travel plans.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.