ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uregent : Regarding BRP card Delivery

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pk2080
Newly Registered

Uregent : Regarding BRP card Delivery

Post by pk2080 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello All,

My ILR got approved on 13th Feb & My wife got tier 1 PBS dependent. Now we both are waiting for BRP card. Today lady from DX courier came but she didnt knock the door not even rang the bell & went wrong house number due to this we missed our BRP card delivery.

When I called to DX courier, they are saying that I should contact first to UKBA for authorization then i will get BRP card.

So please can any one tell me, what should I do? I booked my ticket for india on 24th feb.

Any contact number to call UKBA?

please help me......its urgent.

Many Thanks
[/b]

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:05 pm

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:20 pm

already emailed..
I hope they reply on the same ASAP to make things clear..
The Courier DX Said even they haven't got my contact number to call..i thought UKBA gives them the contact number in case not able to reach to the person..
I am really hoping this will be sorted soon..My father died recently and not able to go because of these things till now...And now this thing is further delaying things..

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation. Don't think it should take more than 2-3 days now to get everything sorted!

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:27 pm

I called to UKBA, they are saying that no need to prove your identity(Address proof) to DX courier as i have already submitted the address proof.

Now DX courier is not ready to accept it they are saying that they need authorization from UKBA that I am living at this address.

Any suggestion, what i supposed to do?

I have sent email to BRPDelivery yesterday but no reply yet.

Please help me...

Many Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Just to clarify, are you saying that just because no one was home at the time DXSecure attempted to deliver your BRP for the first time, they are now refusing to deliver it at all? I.e. until the UKBA confirm your address?

That just does not make any sense. It's normal practice to rearrange delivery if no-one was home when the first delivery attempt was made. Did you ask them why they need proof of your address? It just sounds absurd! It appears as if though they suspect that you don't live at that address - i.e. hence don't want the BRP to be delivered there. If so do you have any idea why they may think that you don't live there? - There has to be a reason DXSecure can give you.

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:23 pm

hi,
They did mentioned somebody told them that I dont live at this address..but i asked all 6 flats in the building and nobody said somebody asked about me.
I really doubt whether they really come at my address or went somewhere else,but they are not accepting the same.
and hence they are mentioning they need a reply from the BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to their Client Authorisatio Department..
Not sure how all this happened,who told them i dont live there,why didnt they called on my number if they have it(Hope UKBA give them contact number also)
I was reading some forums on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk and looks like there are plenty of such issue with DX ...
Hoping this will be sorted soon now as I need to travel urgently(because of Death of my father recently in India)
Thanks...

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:53 pm

I believe they won't have left any delivery calling card too with track number on it? Normally DX people are really helpful, try to phone and convince them that they should try and re- deliver and if not leave the tracking card so you know actually came. This way if you miss them, you can go to their depot an collect From there with your ID

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:12 pm

yes ..that is the case..
They havent left a card..
We were at home only but didnt see anybody coming or any van...
I tried to call and convince them but they are saying the same thing ..Need authorization from UKBA for redelivery...which i emailed UKBA already but no reply yet..when called UKBA they said try to chase up with the courier and for the reply wait as the BRP Delivery mailbox info is not with the guys i talked on the UKBA number 0870 606 7766 (Option 4 and then Option 1 for biometric department)
I event mentioned to DX that I can come to their Depo but they are saying the packge is in Status-Problem Status and they need UKBA to email to DX's Client Authorisation department..

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:17 pm

Unfortantely All you then can do is nothing but wait for the email to come through

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:25 pm

thanks Gagan1986..
Doing the same now alongwith the chase i am doing..hope that too positive is something i have to keep now..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:19 pm

pk2080 wrote:They did mentioned somebody told them that I dont live at this address..but i asked all 6 flats in the building and nobody said somebody asked about me.
I really doubt whether they really come at my address or went somewhere else,but they are not accepting the same.
and hence they are mentioning they need a reply from the BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to their Client Authorisatio Department..
Not sure how all this happened,who told them i dont live there,why didnt they called on my number if they have it(Hope UKBA give them contact number also)
Well, that at least explains their reason. If the actual courier delivery person did indeed make up such a reason, it would be rather ludicrous. It appears that the UKBA requirement for the courier to check your ID before delivery means nothing, as that should serve the purpose of verifying that they deliver the item to the intended person. I do know that they don't necessarily always leave a card, in my case they sent me a letter in the post which I received a few days after the actual delivery of my card. I'd agree that the actual courier isn't particularly reliable. Your case is an extreme scenario, which is worth raising a formal complaint about. I do hope they resolve it soon, so that you can travel.

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:48 pm

thanks cs95tdg
I am also hoping this will be resolved soon..
the main thing now looks even UKBA Should formally reply to them..
Any pointers on that any number where the BRP Team can be contacted will be appreciated..tried 0870 606 7766 already 4-5 times but no particular help..

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:12 pm

No Reply from UKBA yet..
Nothing when calling them..
Any suggestion...anybody..while trying to chase further on this..I am seriuously doubting on the Courier company now who must have gone to some different address and not ready to listen now..
How can i convince them now...

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your questions, but have you asked DXSecure what they plan to do now? I.e. have they contacted UKBA to verify your address? If not will they return your BRP to UKBA? Or will they just keep it indefinitely, just waiting for UKBA to contact them?

This is the first time I've heard of this happening, so these are the logical questions that come to mind. I understand it could take time for you to get a response from the BRPError team, so it would be good to see if DXSecure could contact the UKBA and get to the bottom of this, as you have an urgent need to travel.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:06 pm

cs95tdg wrote:I'm afraid I don't have an answer to your questions, but have you asked DXSecure what they plan to do now? I.e. have they contacted UKBA to verify your address? If not will they return your BRP to UKBA? Or will they just keep it indefinitely, just waiting for UKBA to contact them?

This is the first time I've heard of this happening, so these are the logical questions that come to mind. I understand it could take time for you to get a response from the BRPError team, so it would be good to see if DXSecure could contact the UKBA and get to the bottom of this, as you have an urgent need to travel.
Agree, or if you don't hear anything in coming days other option is to search and look for contact details of DX courier head office or contact details through LinkedIn for director of dx courier and send them am email complaining etc as they tried to deliver at the wrong address etc

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

i did mentioned them that they should also contact UKBA and the lady said they got a daily mail feed coming from UKBA so they should also hear from them and she can only apologize for the issue..But she was not ready to followup the whole thing with UKBA,she said we are just a courier company.
They said the card will be with them untill UKBA come back to them or me and looks they have a time period of around 28 days they keep the same with them...
but that time is much long..i surely dont want to wait another week now..after they are saying the package is received by them..it doesnt look like this is an issue in the BRP Production from UKBA End..but overall its a whole big confusion on what is happening here.
I sincerely think UKBA Also should have a helpline(they can keep it paid if they want) in such cases.where applicants can call and get the status on the same..
Will keep on chasing till then...

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:36 pm

Finally got the BRP card today.

Thanks to all of you for your help & advice

But one letter is missing in 'Place of Birth' as

'Place of Birth' on my BRP card is 'Khamgaon Buldhan' but on my passport it is 'Khamgaon Buldhana' . 'a' is missing.

Please do share your valuable thoughts in this regard.

Many Thanks

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 pm

Good News. Now you must celebrate in style. What a relief. :lol:

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:39 pm

looks there is a limitation of 16 characters in the place of birth on the BRP..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 pm

That's brilliant news! As for the missing letter in your home town name, I personally wouldn't worry about it. But you can send an enquiry to the UKBA if it worries you.

So did the UKBA contact DXSecure to confirm your address before they re-arranged delivery?

pk2080
Newly Registered

Post by pk2080 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:49 pm

yes..thanks cs95tdg and Gagan1986..
even i think not to worry about the last(17th) missing letter in place of birth..
I have to travel urgently now as mentioned because of demise in family...
may send them a query later..i hope u agree with me.

Yes looks finally UKBA contacted DX (thats what DX said)..but i had to chase it so much..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Yes, I'd say that would be fine.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 pm

pk2080 wrote:Finally got the BRP card today.

Thanks to all of you for your help & advice

But one letter is missing in 'Place of Birth' as

'Place of Birth' on my BRP card is 'Khamgaon Buldhan' but on my passport it is 'Khamgaon Buldhana' . 'a' is missing.

Please do share your valuable thoughts in this regard.

Many Thanks
Very good. Very happy for you.