ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to confirm appointments given by Solicitors

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

priyadri

How to confirm appointments given by Solicitors

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:03 am

Hi All,

I have a appointment given by a Solicitor for Monday and I will be paying him £250 for this.
Is there any way I can ensure myself that the appointment is there and I wont be a victim of some fraud.

This may be a stupid question but I am very scared so please help if you can.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 am

£ 250/= is too much, to make an appointment at PEO. Either you pay after the confirmation of your appointment or you do it your self.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:37 am

How do I get a confirmation of my appointment ?
The agent says its confirmed but I don't kn how I can check

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:40 am

priyadri wrote:How do I get a confirmation of my appointment ?
The agent says its confirmed but I don't kn how I can check
The agent should also provide you with you booking reference ID. also on the day of appointment you either need a email confirmation from UKBA to show while entering the PEO or the final booking confirmation page from the booking system.

You can ask your agent to provide you with these information as you need them to enter PEO.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: How to confirm appointments given by Solicitors

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 am

priyadri wrote:Hi All,

I have a appointment given by a Solicitor for Monday and I will be paying him £250 for this.
Is there any way I can ensure myself that the appointment is there and I wont be a victim of some fraud.

This may be a stupid question but I am very scared so please help if you can.
Ask whoever has promised you the appointment a screenshot of that, and confirm details with UKBA.

It is against UKBA policies for someone to 'sell PEO slots'.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks guys this helps.

The solicitor has said that he has the booking referance number and letter/ from PEO. So, I am going to see him today and get things verified before I pay.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:20 pm

priyadri wrote:Thanks guys this helps.

The solicitor has said that he has the booking referance number and letter/ from PEO. So, I am going to see him today and get things verified before I pay.
You should have tried to book an appointment on your own! Anyways just take the printout from him and then pay him. Hope you get your ILR sorted.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Most often the applicant also receive the confirmation of their appointment on its mobile phone and email.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm

sheraz7 wrote:Most often the applicant also receive the confirmation of their appointment on its mobile phone and email.
lol,

i got the appointment confirmation on my mobile when i was about to enter PEO. they have the perfect system running

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:50 pm

priyadri wrote:Thanks guys this helps.

If he is registered with UKBA then you don't need to worry. Ask for his registration number.
Techie

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:40 pm

He is registered at SRA but not OISC. Sounds dodgy so will visit his office tomorrow and then take a call

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:54 pm

priyadri wrote:He is registered at SRA but not OISC. Sounds dodgy so will visit his office tomorrow and then take a call
Not necessarily. SRA and OISC are two different regulatory bodies regulating different professions.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:10 pm

I have the Booking Reference Number now, can anyone tell how can I check the appointment.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:20 pm

send an email to " ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk ", with your booking ref number, name, date/time/location of appointment, and with how many people attending. Ask them if they can see the same details that you can, and to confirm that if this booking was successful.

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:35 pm

I will send this email now and hope that I get a prompt response.

I called UKBA and they said they cant check it. They mentinoed if its a online application then I will get the printout form the solicitor byut if its the Solicitors slot (like the slots they have reserved for them) then I will have to be accompanied bythe solicitor. Not sure if this is true.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Congrats on your ILR. Please share you experience as it will be very helpful for other members applying in future with a caution

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:35 pm

priyadri wrote:I will send this email now and hope that I get a prompt response.

I called UKBA and they said they cant check it. They mentinoed if its a online application then I will get the printout form the solicitor byut if its the Solicitors slot (like the slots they have reserved for them) then I will have to be accompanied bythe solicitor. Not sure if this is true.
It looks like you got an appointment booked from someone doggy! Hence, there is no way to confirm other than calling ukba PEO service and confirming the same. Also, ask the person who booked it to give you a printout of the ukba account he created for you.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:45 pm

uksettlement wrote:
priyadri wrote:I will send this email now and hope that I get a prompt response.

It looks like you got an appointment booked from someone doggy! Hence, there is no way to confirm other than calling ukba PEO service and confirming the same. Also, ask the person who booked it to give you a printout of the ukba account he created for you.
ILR has already been approved

priyadri

Post by priyadri » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 pm

Sorry didnt confirm this earlier.

I got my appointment confirmed from
ApplyOnlineE-Support@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Got a response from the PEO in 3 hours, so this is the best way to confirm the appointment.