ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for ILR in May, Passport expired in FEB13

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maidy

applying for ILR in May, Passport expired in FEB13

Post by maidy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:03 am

Hi,
I'm on T-1 General, my visa expiring in first week of June 13, i will apply for my ILR in May 13. my current passport was expired in FEB 13 , I have applied for renewal but have not received it yet.

Do i need to apply for transferring my visa onto new passport before i go for ILR application.

2nd Question: I am travelling to Pakistan in March for 3weeks, my passport was due to be collected on 28 FEB but they said it will take couple of weeks more so they stamped in my expired passport and extended its validity till 05 June 2013. is it ok to travel with this passport or i can face any problems when returning back to U.K in April.

Senior members are requested to advise Please

Thanks.
Maddy

mianrmm

Re: applying for ILR in May, Passport expired in FEB13

Post by mianrmm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:09 am

maidy wrote:Hi,
I'm on T-1 General, my visa expiring in first week of June 13, i will apply for my ILR in May 13. my current passport was expired in FEB 13 , I have applied for renewal but have not received it yet.

Do i need to apply for transferring my visa onto new passport before i go for ILR application.
no you do not need to transfer your visa to new passport if expired one is attached with the new one. (my wife and kids passport expired and i got it renewed but didn't transferred the Visa and got ILR as well. )

2nd Question: I am travelling to Pakistan in March for 3weeks, my passport was due to be collected on 28 FEB but they said it will take couple of weeks more so they stamped in my expired passport and extended its validity till 05 June 2013. is it ok to travel with this passport or i can face any problems when returning back to U.K in April.
No idea wait for senior members to respond, i will say wait for new passport to arrive.

Thanks.
BTW why didn't you applied for urgent passport in Pakistan embassy. i know you might need to pay more.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:38 pm

maidy wrote:Hi,

Thanks.
I think you are okay to travel with out current passport as its validity extended by the High Commission.
I am also in similar situation, our visa is going to expire on first week of April and passport in May, We have already applied for renewal on passport in first week of January and still waiting for the passport. I spoke with High commission other day and they said passport are still delay and not sure when they will arrive., however they gives me the option of extending the current passport to apply for visa. I will wait till the 3rd week of this month otherwise will get extended on last week to apply for ILR.

maidy : can you share what is the procedure to get the extension of current passport validity?
I live is Manchester and have to travel London for this

maidy

Post by maidy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm

maidy : can you share what is the procedure to get the extension of current passport validity?
I live is Manchester and have to travel London for this.

I went to embassy and told them i booked my flight in march. they instantly stamped my passport for extned validity. There isn't any special procedure or fees. took me 5 mints and thats all. :)
Maddy