ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Allowed to be Outside UK for person who has ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ric1982
Member of Standing

Allowed to be Outside UK for person who has ILR

Post by ric1982 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:12 am

Hi,

My wife is going abroad for a year. She is on ILR. My question is how long are you allowed to be outside UK on ILR? I understand if you live for more then x amount of time then your ILR get revoked?

Thanks,

mianrmm

Re: Allowed to be Outside UK for person who has ILR

Post by mianrmm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 am

ric1982 wrote:Hi,

My wife is going abroad for a year. She is on ILR. My question is how long are you allowed to be outside UK on ILR? I understand if you live for more then x amount of time then your ILR get revoked?

Thanks,
i think Max one can be out of UK on ILR is 2 years, after that one to get Entry clearance to enter back.

in case of 1 year, the EC officer may ask for ties with UK to consider a returning resident person.

lets see what guru says in this regard

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Allowed to be Outside UK for person who has ILR

Post by ric1982 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:37 am

mianrmm wrote:
ric1982 wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
i think Max one can be out of UK on ILR is 2 years, after that one to get Entry clearance to enter back.

in case of 1 year, the EC officer may ask for ties with UK to consider a returning resident person.

lets see what guru says in this regard
I am BC. Will that hold a weight of UK ties?
Also she is going after delivery being on maternity leave.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:54 am

it should be fine. Just the she wont be eligible for BC soon as she will have to satisfy 3 yrs criteria for being in the UK as she is a partner of a BC.

she cant be away for more than 270 days at a stretch in last 3 years and not more than 90 days away in the last 90 days.
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Post by ric1982 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:13 am

uksettlement wrote: she cant be away for more than 270 days at a stretch in last 3 years and not more than 90 days away in the last 90 days.
Thanks. Is this for BC or just so that she remains on ILR?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:59 am

An ILR holder would be subject to the returning residents provisions.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.