ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR application who is in UK as Tier 1 Dep

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

db83

Dependent ILR application who is in UK as Tier 1 Dep

Post by db83 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Hello,

I've recently secured my ILR and after relaxing for a couple of weeks, its time for me to start planning for my wife's ILR. So need your help.

1. Main applicant ILR approved March 2013
2. Wife is away from on maternity, so I'd to apply alone for ILR
3. She is having Tier 1 Dep till Sept 2013 and will return to UK in April 2013. Her entry clearance was in June 2010 as Tier 1 dependent - so she would qualify for ILR with the two year rule.

So seniors, please could you help with the following information.

1. Should I use SET(0) for my wife as well when she applies
2. If yes, do I need to fill in my details as well in that application and provide the income proof etc again ?
2a. Interms of documents do I need to submit any other documentation other than cohabitation document for last two years, my biometric card & (my wife's) life in UK test
3. I intend to go to PEO for making this application - so what would be the fees for this application. Would it still be seen as dependent application
4. Because I'm on ILR, I'm eligible for child benefit - so can I fill the child benefit and claim the monies (just in my name). Or would you suggest me to wait till my wife gets the ILR if this causes her a problem.

thanks, db83

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Re: Dependent ILR application who is in UK as Tier 1 Dep

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm

db83 wrote:Hello,

I've recently secured my ILR and after relaxing for a couple of weeks, its time for me to start planning for my wife's ILR. So need your help.

3. She is having Tier 1 Dep till Sept 2013 and will return to UK in April 2013. Her entry clearance was in June 2010 as Tier 1 dependent - so she would qualify for ILR with the two year rule.

2. If yes, do I need to fill in my details as well in that application and provide the income proof etc again ?
2a. Interms of documents do I need to submit any other documentation other than cohabitation document for last two years, my biometric card & (my wife's) life in UK test
3. I intend to go to PEO for making this application - so what would be the fees for this application. Would it still be seen as dependent application
4. Because I'm on ILR, I'm eligible for child benefit - so can I fill the child benefit and claim the monies (just in my name). Or would you suggest me to wait till my wife gets the ILR if this causes her a problem.

thanks, db83
Please look at Sticky's Post FLR or ILR for dependent. You could find some answers for your queries. What a shame you are going to loose your married bachelor's status very soon. :roll:

db83

Post by db83 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:21 pm

Please look at Sticky's Post FLR or ILR for dependent. You could find some answers for your queries. What a shame you are going to loose your married bachelor's status very soon. :roll:
cheers Kevin, I know what a shame ! I did enjoy a few months alone...time to do some baby sitting now :D [/quote]
I'm just trying to help !

db83

Post by db83 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm

The sticky notes doesnt clearly explain this. Please can someone help

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm

Anyone at all ? :?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:38 pm

db83 wrote:Hello,

thanks, db83
Shame no body has helped you. I will do it to best of My ability.
1.SET (M)
2.Yes,she is a house wife I presume
3.SET(M)FEES
5.Why don't you claim child benefit it after she gets her ILR.

You could do one more thing. Check with a Council web site,who provide SET(M) checking service.If you can't I will check with My Council on my way to work and let you know in the evening.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:54 pm

I just checked Southwark council web site.www.southwark.gov.uk.You get all the details you want,all clarified. Good Luck with your Nappy Changing and Baby sitting.duties. :D :lol:

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Hi!db83 Was that information useful to You??

Hi db83, Was that information useful for you?

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Hi!db83 Was that information useful to You??

Kevin,are you sure it's set(m). I thought set(m) is for people who were dependent of spouse who was on British passport and settlement visa. In this case, my wife was/is dependent on my tier 1 visa. This is what UKBA says..

Can I apply using this form?
You should use application form SET(M) if you:

currently have temporary permission to remain in the UK as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a British citizen or a person settled here;
have lived here for 2 years in this category; and
are still planning to live together (and are still married or in a civil partnership, if applicable).

Hi db83, Was that information useful for you?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:36 pm

Why take a risk by filling up the wrong form!! You better call UKBA and ask for their advise.If I find any thing I will let you know. Thank God you don't have to babysit for Twins? :lol:

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm

Kevin24 wrote:Why take a risk by filling up the wrong form!! You better call UKBA and ask for their advise.If I find any thing I will let you know. Thank God you don't have to babysit for Twins? :lol:
Cheers !

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:41 pm

You could be right. Then it's going to be SET O form for a dependent. Please check before filling up the form.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 pm

db83 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:Why take a risk by filling up the wrong form!! You better call UKBA and ask for their advise.If I find any thing I will let you know. Thank God you don't have to babysit for Twins? :lol:
Cheers !
I checked with the Council today. They do checking service only for SET M forms. I think you will have to fill SET O form. Pl. check too whether it is the right form for your wife.

ilrdep

Post by ilrdep » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Please read through this tread it will help you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 pm

ilrdep wrote:Please read through this tread it will help you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=
Thank you ilrdep. Much appreciated.

db83

Post by db83 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 am