ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Accountant letter -> Company practice ICAEW code?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ekta

Accountant letter -> Company practice ICAEW code?

Post by ekta » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi All

I have got all the documents to apply for my ILR but just now observed in my accountant letter, there is no company practice certification code.
It has only accountant ICAEW registration number but not accounting company's ICAEW registration number/practice code?

I am not sure if this is required. please please Can you confirm? I am really in a tension as I am about to post my documents.

Cheers
Ekta

db83

Re: Accountant letter -> Company practice ICAEW code?

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:06 pm

ekta wrote:Hi All

I have got all the documents to apply for my ILR but just now observed in my accountant letter, there is no company practice certification code.
It has only accountant ICAEW registration number but not accounting company's ICAEW registration number/practice code?

I am not sure if this is required. please please Can you confirm? I am really in a tension as I am about to post my documents.

Cheers
Ekta
I recently applied with an accountant letter. All it had was the accountancy name, address,registration number. The letter was signed by a CA....dint have his CA registration number as well on the letter (as I beleive it was not required)
No questions asked whatsoever at Solihull PEO, although the originals were taken by the CW - not sure if she cross verified by calling them
I'm just trying to help !

ekta

Post by ekta » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Hi db83

I think it is required as guidelines says -

If the earnings were for work done while the applicant was in the UK, such evidence must come from an accountant or accountancy firm in the UK who is a member of one of the following recognised supervisory bodies:
(1) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW),
(2) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS),
(3) The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland (ICAI),

My question is my accountant has put his ICAEW registration number but accountancy firm registration number is not there, can some body please confirm if it required?

Cheers
Ekta

ekta

Post by ekta » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:45 pm

I have gone through the forum and have found if Accountant is certified and company is not, this should be fine. To be on safer side I have requested for copy Accountant's ICAEW practising certificate.

I hope this should fit in the requirements.

db83

Post by db83 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:32 pm

ekta wrote:I have gone through the forum and have found if Accountant is certified and company is not, this should be fine. To be on safer side I have requested for copy Accountant's ICAEW practising certificate.

Good luck with your application....I'll be surprised if your accountant gives you the certificate....if he/she does, then that's great
I'm just trying to help !

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:32 pm

db83 wrote:
ekta wrote:I have gone through the forum and have found if Accountant is certified and company is not, this should be fine. To be on safer side I have requested for copy Accountant's ICAEW practising certificate.

Good luck with your application....I'll be surprised if your accountant gives you the certificate....if he/she does, then that's great
If the accountant is a Member of The Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales ie:ICAEW,will be mentioned next to his name. No need of certificate Number or Certificate. Normally Accountants will not give same,like a G.P.