ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WP + Limited Company + Permanent Job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Auro
Newly Registered

WP + Limited Company + Permanent Job

Post by Auro » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 pm

I have a PEO Appointment next week for ILR following 4 years 11 months of continous residency in UK under WP + Tier1 General.I have few Questions :

Regarding my WP which started from April 2008 - June 2009 - do I need to get a letetr from Employer for Absences . Please note that I had only one internatioal trip to my Home country during this period and had only taken 4 holidays.I have tried to contact my previous employer for providing a letter certifying the leaves but its not that easy to get it done as I left the company in 2010 .

I did contracting from 13-04-2010 until 31-03-2011 , For The initial period 13-04-2011 to 31-10-2011 - I Operated through Umbrella company
and then from 01-Nov-2010 - until 31-03-2011 operated through my own limited company as director . The company is now dissolved and I am in Permanent Job since 01-04-2011 .

Please could anyone let me know if I need to Produce any company related documentation for ILR . I have P45 from the Umbrella company and an electronic copy of P60 given by my accountant . However not sure if that's enough for ILR pupose as the P60 is not certified but only Printed via email.

Looking forward to your replies

db83

Re: WP + Limited Company + Permanent Job

Post by db83 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:23 pm

Auro wrote:I have a PEO Appointment next week for ILR following 4 years 11 months of continous residency in UK under WP + Tier1 General.I have few Questions :

Regarding my WP which started from April 2008 - June 2009 - do I need to get a letetr from Employer for Absences . Please note that I had only one internatioal trip to my Home country during this period and had only taken 4 holidays.I have tried to contact my previous employer for providing a letter certifying the leaves but its not that easy to get it done as I left the company in 2010 .

yes you need one. But there are instances where it's not been asked. Better to have one

I did contracting from 13-04-2010 until 31-03-2011 , For The initial period 13-04-2011 to 31-10-2011 - I Operated through Umbrella company
and then from 01-Nov-2010 - until 31-03-2011 operated through my own limited company as director . The company is now dissolved and I am in Permanent Job since 01-04-2011 .

Please could anyone let me know if I need to Produce any company related documentation for ILR . I have P45 from the Umbrella company and an electronic copy of P60 given by my accountant . However not sure if that's enough for ILR pupose as the P60 is not certified but only Printed via email.

shouldn't really need company information, as its dissolved and I assume you we're on tier 1. I worked with my own ltd company and had it closed in 2011. No questions asked.
When you say electronic copy, does it meet HMRC reqmnts, check HmRC website...if it does, that should suffice.
Again this info is not asked if you are on tier 1, unless its for the last year wher you want to claim your earnings based on that.

Looking forward to your replies
[/b]
I'm just trying to help !