ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set (O) ILR Plus 1 Dependent Application - Eligibility Query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mihirranjan
Newly Registered

Set (O) ILR Plus 1 Dependent Application - Eligibility Query

Post by mihirranjan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Hello Users,

I am currently on Tier 1 General category (point based system) which was initially granted in Aug08 for three years and then extension for another two years (BRP) which will be finishing in Sep13. So I will become eligible in Aug/Sep this year to apply for ILR (5 year rule) using the Set(O) form.

Now, my wife is on Work Permit visa which was granted in June08 and will be coming to an end in June13. So she will become eligible in May/June this year to apply for ILR (5 year rule) using Set(O) form.

The queries I have are:

1. As her visa is coming to an end earlier than mine (June13), so when she apply for her ILR, can I apply with her as a dependent in the same application (considering that none of us are dependent to each other yet). If yes, whether my 5 year eligibility will be questioned (if we apply in May13, i would have only complete 4y8m in my Tier 1 permit).

2. If I am eligible to apply as a dependent and follow the above route, is there any harm in applying in person at PEO? (if we get the appointment :) :) )

3. If we both get ILR we may apply for citizenship next year. Will going the above mentioned route have any drawback in future compared to not following the single application route and getting our respective ILR's through individual applications.

Just to make it clear if we both go our respective individual route and apply for ILR as when they are due, we will both satisfy all eligibility criteria (like salary, time spent in UK, fund, Life in UK test etc etc).

Thanks in advance for helping.

Regards

M

db83

Re: Set (O) ILR Plus 1 Dependent Application - Eligibility Q

Post by db83 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:13 pm

mihirranjan wrote:Hello Users,

I am currently on Tier 1 General category (point based system) which was initially granted in Aug08 for three years and then extension for another two years (BRP) which will be finishing in Sep13. So I will become eligible in Aug/Sep this year to apply for ILR (5 year rule) using the Set(O) form.

Now, my wife is on Work Permit visa which was granted in June08 and will be coming to an end in June13. So she will become eligible in May/June this year to apply for ILR (5 year rule) using Set(O) form.

The queries I have are:

1. As her visa is coming to an end earlier than mine (June13), so when she apply for her ILR, can I apply with her as a dependent in the same application (considering that none of us are dependent to each other yet). If yes, whether my 5 year eligibility will be questioned (if we apply in May13, i would have only complete 4y8m in my Tier 1 permit).

2. If I am eligible to apply as a dependent and follow the above route, is there any harm in applying in person at PEO? (if we get the appointment :) :) )

3. If we both get ILR we may apply for citizenship next year. Will going the above mentioned route have any drawback in future compared to not following the single application route and getting our respective ILR's through individual applications.

Just to make it clear if we both go our respective individual route and apply for ILR as when they are due, we will both satisfy all eligibility criteria (like salary, time spent in UK, fund, Life in UK test etc etc).

Thanks in advance for helping.

Regards

M
She can apply in may/June 13 provided she meets all reqmnts for ilr.

You can't apply as ilr dependent with her because you were never her dependent
I'm just trying to help !

mihirranjan
Newly Registered

Re: Set (O) ILR Plus 1 Dependent Application - Eligibility Q

Post by mihirranjan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:42 am

[/quote]

She can apply in may/June 13 provided she meets all reqmnts for ilr.

You can't apply as ilr dependent with her because you were never her dependent[/quote]

------------------------------

Hmmm.....so are you saying if no dependent are attached already, you cant use form Set (O) to include a new dependent in the ILR application.