ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final Checklist - Limited Company Director - Please review

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ekta

Final Checklist - Limited Company Director - Please review

Post by ekta » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:27 pm

Hi Guys

I am applying for ILR on Friday, please can you review documents list and advise?

Category - WP(1.5 years) + Tier1 (3.5 years)
4+ years permanent job + last 11 months contracting
Main applicant + Spouse + UK born baby

Documents:
1. 3 Passports + 2 biometrics
2. Photos (2+2+2)
3. One set (O) form
4. Accountant letter
5. 11 months payslips
6. 4 Dividend Voucher
7. My & Wife's Life In UK Certificates
8. HMRC 5 years employment history, Two P60, one P45
9. 164 days of absences list, no long absence

10. Company Registration doc
11. VAT certificate
12. Last 11 months business statements
13. Baby's Birth certificate and NHS card
14. Cohab docs (3 years council bill, 2 years EDF bill, 1 year bank statements, NHS letters, Poll card, 3 years tenancy agreement)
15. marriage certificate
16. Work permit copy

I'll really appreciate if senior members can review the documents and advise please?

Questions:
a) My HMRC employment history doesn't show the amount which was paid for 2009-10 because there was a non-taxable component so I am carrying 2009-10 Payslips and bank statemnts. Can you please advise if there can be an issue if they see claimed salary/points for earning in Initial Tier1 application doesn't match with HMRC Employment history doc?

Many Thanks
Ekta
Last edited by ekta on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:17 am

Hi Ekta,

Just gone through your documents checklist and all looks fine to me. With regards to your income/hmrc assesment for 2009/2010, I dont think you should worry too much about that as they will only asses your income for the last 12 months and if you have enough income within the last 12 months to give you the required points you need to sail through, than I'd suggest you leave the HMRC report out of your application and just take your payslips/bank statement for that period. Again, dont submit to them unless they ask. Just take it with you and hold on to it untill it is requested for.

All in all the documents you're taking looks good so far. Can I ask if it is tomorrow you're attending PEO? If so, which PEO, can you let us know.

Good luck and please do share your experience tomorrow for those in similar situation to gain from.

Good luck again

fomsand1

ekta

Post by ekta » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Thanks Fomsand1.

We are going to Croyden PEO, will share my experience.

One more thing, I only have e-copy of absence letter for the WP duration. I couldn't get original copy as it was issued from India and they only sent me an e-copy, can it be a problem? Seniors, please comment.

Cheers
Ekta

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:53 am

Hi Ekta,

Does the company not have an office in the UK? If they do, since it relates to your WP period, I would suggest you go to their UK offices and ask them to stamp and sign the e-copy, just to be on the safe side.

But to my understanding, since your current status is on Teir1 G and applying for ILR under this category, you dont need to show proof of absences for your previous WP visa as you've since changed visa category.As far as I'm aware,the only documentation that will be required from you on that day which will relate to your WP is just your WP visa approval lettter.

Guru's and senoirs, please can you clarify/add to this?

Regards
fomsand1

ekta

Post by ekta » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Seniors, can you please confirm if documents looks fine?

Thanks
Ekta

aandu
Newly Registered

Post by aandu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Just a couple of things:
a. If you can, highlight the salary/dividends in personal bank statements. I did this and the CW managed to go through the entire list of statemetns in less than 15 minutes.

b. Take the invoices generated if you have them. SET-O page 24, A.8 Last point states "[i]If you are submitting a combination of bank statements and a letter/invoice summary from your
accountant – the invoices generated during the period for which earnings are being claimed"[/i].

I was not asked for it. But others have been. Your call.

My situation was same as yours. TIER1 -> ILR with Ltd. company

ekta

Post by ekta » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks Aandu. Will do.

ekta

A BIG Thank You.

Post by ekta » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks You all for your help, we got our ILR today.

Here is a short story -
8.20 Reached Corydon, appointment was at 9.15. We were with a baby so security guy allowed us to get in.
8.30 Got token number after security check
8.40 Made Payment on first floor and waited to for our number
9.15 Token number called and did Case Registration
9.45 Bio Metric done
11.00 Submitted all our documents and were ask to wait as it could take upto 2 hours
13.00 Our token number was called and we were very nervous. Case worker didn't say if it was approved but returned all the documents and said please check ur documents. While I was checking my docs which I wasn't interested in but to know the result. Then said We are keeping your bio metric cards and you will get new ones. And then only I realized application was successful.

Overall experience was good except that we were asked to dump all the documents which I wasn't ready for as I had arranged in different bundles and had some old bank statements so took 10 mins to handover my documents so my advise is to make one set which you can handover as it is and you can keep photocopies separately if you want. Sometimes they were calling five tokens on same window at the same time and were asking to dump all your documents so be ready for this.

Cheers to all.
Ekta

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Hi Ekta,

Congratulations and do enjoy your new found freedom!!

Quick question, did you include invoices generated during the period of self employement with the other documents towards your application? If so, were the invoices generated by your accountant or by yourself? Is it possible you pm me a sample of the invoice you submited? you can edit sensitive info out. If you cant dont worry.

Congrats once again

fomsand1

ekta

Post by ekta » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:42 pm

yes I did. They were not stamped by accountant and I think they don't need to be. I also had a letter from my client having details of paid invoices.
As I said I had to dump all the documents so don't know what all they wanted and what all they considered.

I'll try to send you a sample.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Thanks Ekta,

Appreciate your help. I'll wait to receive your PM

I hope you'll be applying for your kids MN1 registration? is your kid UK born?

Regards

fomsand1

db83

Post by db83 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Well done, congratulations and welcome to the club
I'm just trying to help !

ekta

Post by ekta » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:48 am

Thanks Guys.

fomsand1 - My baby is UK born but I applied ILR for baby as well as I have plans to return to India in future.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:28 pm

Congratulations. Well done. Thank you for posting your experience and your observations regarding Croydon PEO. How did you pay your Visa Fees?

ekta

Post by ekta » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:45 pm

I paid my credit card - Master card. Make sure you inform your bank first so that they can increase your daily limit and make a note.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:26 pm

ekta wrote:I paid my credit card - Master card. Make sure you inform your bank first so that they can increase your daily limit and make a note.
Thank you for your reply and advise. Enjoy your ILR.

fomsand1

Post by fomsand1 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:08 am

Hi Ekta,

Does it mean you do not intend to apply for British passport for yourself and family? I will advise you to apply,just in case. You never know what the requirements might be in the coming years since UKBA tends to shift the goal post ever so often. We've been lucky that all of their draconian changes lately have never affected naturalization. So mate, go for it as soon as you're qualified just to ensure you've gotten everything you need before you consider relocating back to India.
Meanwhile, I've pm'ed you my email address so you can send me the sample invoice.

Thanks once again

fondand1