ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR FOR WIFE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KPROCKS
Newly Registered

ILR FOR WIFE

Post by KPROCKS » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:49 am

Hi Guys

My wife has been in UK as Tier 1 dependant for last 5 years (and in total over 6 years on dependant category).
Is she also eligible for ILR now?
Is it the set (o) form if she is applying for ILR at the same time as me?

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:21 am

You may include her in your application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

KPROCKS
Newly Registered

Hi Vinny

Post by KPROCKS » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:24 am

Just to make it crystal clear. No separate form for her?

[iD]

Re: Hi Vinny

Post by [iD] » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:01 am

KPROCKS wrote:Just to make it crystal clear. No separate form for her?
No, just add her as your dependant on your Set (o) form
Goodluck.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 am

That's correct. Unless you are applying for ILR under Long residence.
Settlement wrote:How can you apply for settlement?

You should apply using the SET(O) application form. For more information and to download the application form, see the SET(O) page.
SET(O) wrote:Can I include my dependants in my application?

You can use one form for a joint application by you, your partner and any children aged under 18, if they are applying as your dependants. Children over 18 must apply separately.

However, if you are applying on the basis of long residence, you may not include any dependants in your application. They may apply separately if they have completed the qualifying period of 10 or 14 years. If you have a partner who does not qualify, they may apply for temporary permission to stay in the UK using application form FLR(M) - if they do this, they can include any children under 18 as their dependants. For other options, see the detailed Guide SET(O).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.