ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 12th Apr Cardiff PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

purplepple

ILR Success 12th Apr Cardiff PEO

Post by purplepple » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:50 pm

Hello

I just want to share my experience applying for ILR for me and 2 dependants at the Cardiff PEO. Our appointment is at 11:30am.

We parked on the road just behind the PEO where long stay up to 9pm is £4. We arrived at the PEO at around 11:10am. We were given a card with a letter and somebody called our letter at around 11:20am.

I was asked to provide my passports and documents. I also provided photocopies thinking that it might make the processing faster. I was told that they will call me on my mobile phone to come back at around 3pm. If I don't receive a call, just come back anyway at 3pm.

We enjoyed a middle eastern lunch at a nearby restaurant and came back to the PEO at 2pm as we thought they might have processed it already. The guard told us to talk to the woman at the window to tell them that we are there to wait. The woman said that it will be another 2 hours as our application was one of the last they received and might be worth going out again.

As husband and I were discussing what to do, the lady came back to say that they actually should have taken our biometric information before we left earlier so we should do it now before leaving again.

A man took our biometric information and then informed us that we can't leave the PEO anymore as they are closing the doors. We said it's fine and that we'll just wait.

Come 3-4pm, we noticed the same people we saw earlier in the morning starting to come back and get their decision. There was an Indian-looking family with 3 children who seems to have been told to come back again tomorrow. An Australian couple got theirs approved. A Canadian woman got her passport back. Then another Indian-looking family was called and was asked further questions about their documents.

We started to get very nervous as ours seemed to be taking too long. Started worrying that maybe not providing our marriage certificate, or birth certificate of my son not born in the UK, or my work permit, or a cover letter (Note that these were not required per SET(O) form and guidance. Also, I thought they already have seen these docs from applying for EC 5 years ago so would already be in their system. ) may have had an adverse impact on our application. I also have a son born in the UK which I did not include in the application (which I have applied for British citizenship using MN1 form soon after we received ILR). Thought that they may be questioning why I did not include him. Not being allowed to use our phones to distract us made our worries worse.

At 4:30pm they called my name, was told that everything was fine. Gave back our passports and a letter confirming that BRP cards will be sent plus some more info about ILR. The man also confirmed I expect to receive them on a Tuesday.

Phew! All worries gone.

Here are the details of my application:
SET(O) + 2 dependents
Work permit
EC 4 May 2008
Valid until 14 April 2013
Applied 12 April 2013

Documents:
Life in the UK test certificates for me and husband
Payslips 3 months
Bank statements 3 months
Employer letter confirming:
- SOC code
- salary and no. of working hours per week, and that salary is higher than minimum threshold
- no. of absences in UK and reasons
Tables of absences (places, dates, page on passport for stamp)
Co-habitation documents 3 (1 per year)

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:21 pm

Congratulations! Enjoy your ILR.
Can you provide info regarding SOC code ? Was it as per SOC 2000 or 2010?

ILR05

Post by ILR05 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:09 am

I am also looking this answer. Whether SOC code 2010 or previous one was mentioned in your employer letter.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:14 am

I mentioned the SOC code from the Statement of Intent that is effective 6th April where they have differentiated new from experienced workers.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:27 am

purplepple wrote:I mentioned the SOC code from the Statement of Intent that is effective 6th April where they have differentiated new from experienced workers.
Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your experience. How would you rate Cardiff PEO. Documents were requested specifically by CW,or you handed over.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

ILR05

Post by ILR05 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:44 am

Does anybody knows caseworker check the SOC code mention in Employer letter with the SOC code guideline ?

Or caseworker check the SOC code with the previous leave to remain papers ?

I am asking it because, I have been issued previous leave to remain in different SOC code. Now new SOC code guideline has been issued so I will be mentioning new SOC code in the Employer letter and ILR form.

If caseworker is not able to match SOC code mentioned in employer letter and SOC mentioned in previous LTR records. What are consequences ?

Should I carry a explanation letter or caseworker or trained enough to understand?

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:51 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your experience. How would you rate Cardiff PEO. Documents were requested specifically by CW,or you handed over.
I handed over my documents. I didn't even get to meet the CW. Just the man who received the docs and processes payment, another man who took our biometric info, and lady who told us they should have taken our biometric info earlier. They were all nice and friendly. I thought they took longer than I expected but it maybe because there are three of us applying.

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:54 pm

ILR05 wrote:Does anybody knows caseworker check the SOC code mention in Employer letter with the SOC code guideline ?

I am asking it because, I have been issued previous leave to remain in different SOC code. Now new SOC code guideline has been issued so I will be mentioning new SOC code in the Employer letter and ILR form.

If caseworker is not able to match SOC code mentioned in employer letter and SOC mentioned in previous LTR records. What are consequences ?

Should I carry a explanation letter or caseworker or trained enough to understand?
I suggest you mention also the description of the SOC code like I did not just the number so it is clear.

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 pm

[quote="purplepple"]
I suggest you mention also the description of the SOC code like I did not just the number so it is clear.[/quote]

If you can paste employer letter format here it would be of great help for upcoming applicant.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:35 pm

purplepple wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
I handed over my documents. I didn't even get to meet the CW. Just the man who received the docs and processes payment, another man who took our biometric info, and lady who told us they should have taken our biometric info earlier. They were all nice and friendly. I thought they took longer than I expected but it maybe because there are three of us applying.
Thank you for your reply. Enjoy your ILR with your family.
KEVIN

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:51 pm

ILR05 wrote:Does anybody knows caseworker check the SOC code mention in Employer letter with the SOC code guideline ?

CW will definitely check your New SOC Code with the new SOC Code guidelines. CW are well trained to understand these matters.
KEVIN

ILR05

Post by ILR05 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks Kevin.

You are very helpful.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:04 pm

ILR05 wrote:Thanks Kevin.

You are very helpful.
Why don't you take the printouts of your old SOC Codes and the New SOC Code too. From the UKBA web site. Then you could explain to the CW.This would make a work easier. No need of an explanation letter.
KEVIN

purplepple

Post by purplepple » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:00 pm

dk2011 wrote:
purplepple wrote: I suggest you mention also the description of the SOC code like I did not just the number so it is clear.
If you can paste employer letter format here it would be of great help for upcoming applicant.
It is basically what I said above. I also added that I am still required by the company as this was required in the form (and by law). For the absences, I split it by 12 month period ie Year 1 : 12 Apr 2013 - 13 Apr 2012, etc as they require.