ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question regarding indefinite leave to remain documentations

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mobarak
Newly Registered

question regarding indefinite leave to remain documentations

Post by mobarak » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:38 am

hi all i wounder if someone can help me as i am going to apply for indefinite leave to remain and i heard that i need to make photo copies of my supporting doucments and i want to know so i need to make a photo copy of everything or there is specific doucuments i need to make photo copies of it?

thanks

purplepple

Re: question regarding indefinite leave to remain documentat

Post by purplepple » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 pm

mobarak wrote:hi all i wounder if someone can help me as i am going to apply for indefinite leave to remain and i heard that i need to make photo copies of my supporting doucments and i want to know so i need to make a photo copy of everything or there is specific doucuments i need to make photo copies of it?

thanks
It is not required to bring photocopies.

elv15

Post by elv15 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:46 am

They do require photocopies according to set M form, some people dont take copies but its recommended because Case workers seem to like it when you have copies, makes their life easier, That is if you applying at PEO.
Please note that what i post is only a personal opinion. Im no expert lol.

reabs

Re: question regarding indefinite leave to remain documentat

Post by reabs » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:48 am

It is not required to bring photocopies.
That is not true. Forms SET (M) and SET (O) require photocopies for all supporting documents and passports including those pages containing stamps and visas. I would suggest reading the guide relevant to the type of application you are making.

KayNa

Post by KayNa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:33 pm

Not true, at least not for SET (O). The application and guidance says you "should" submit photocopies, not you "must".

I got my SET(O) ILR today without supplying a single photocopy of anything and wasn't requested it at the end either, even though I had them with me (my case was quite complicated with a lot of paperwork as it was so I wanted to minimise the number of sheets of paper I handed over and also checked with the person who collected my evidence that I could always supply more later if it was required and they said yes).