ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess, 5yr WP, 8April - Croydon, 170days single absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ppr1112
Newly Registered

ILR Sucess, 5yr WP, 8April - Croydon, 170days single absence

Post by ppr1112 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:40 pm

Hello All,

I would like to thank all the members who helped me with my queries and the tips given by others.

My experience was far better than i had anticipated.

I had 2 issues in my case -
- 170 days single absence during maternity, overall around 250. ( reason being my new born son was admitted in hospital for 3 days initially and later after a month again for 3 days for uninary track infection, so gave that reason to go home in India for family support and 2nd reason that i had laser operation on both eyes)
- we had 20 months co-hab documents.

Had appointment at 12noon, reached on time, documents screening fine, biometrics was within an hour, little wait and then we were called at the counter, handed over the documents. The caseworker said it would take 1.5hrs and we can come back later. We had given only the bare minimum required documents and had loads of supporting document with us to present if asked for so we sat in the front row opposite the counter.

After reading others experiences in the forum, i thought the discussion with case worker is like an interview over the table where we discuss the case and present all documents and explanations if required. But it was over a glass window counter (like at ticket counters). I had prepared myself for any questions that would be asked.

The caseworker had neutral face expresion throughout and we were worried all through the assesment. She verified the co-hab documents and then the passports and the date stamps. She verified the dates from passport atleast 3 times and went away from her desk twice (may to discuss with other/senior CW). After about 1hr we were so tensed by her repeated passport checks that we asked her if she has any queries and that we have additional documents. She said its fine she will let us know if anything required. Finally after 1.5hrs she informed that our case is approved - 4.15pm. It was a relief. We were confident but had some fear too due to some of the experience shared on this forum.

The tips that were useful -
- parking nearby PEO
- photocopies of the documents, saved time.
- backup FLR-M form if ILR(SET-O) rejected for spouse
- cohab for all the previous join stay (5 years)
- submit only required documentation first to aviod confusion
- cover letter explaining the case and clarification on issue if any.

Thanks again, to this forum.
Questions welcome.