ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got ILR :-)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

su6
Newly Registered

Got ILR :-)

Post by su6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:54 am

I am posting this from a new acccount (some issues with my previous one); but thanks to all esp. Kevin24 and ilrapplicant2013 for your help.

I got my ILR approved under Tier1 General this morning..
Croydon PEO.
APppointment at 8.40 am. Reached at 7.50am. There was hardly anyone around. Got approval letter at 10am ..was quick. No questions/ interview by caseworker.
Docs submitted were:
PP + BRP
app form plus photos
absence spreadsheet (I had 330 in total in 5 year but none were > 180 days in any of the successive 5 years; no absence > 90 days)
Covering letter explaining absences
Employers letters for paid leave, printout of annual leave from timesheet ssytem and letter of employers for business trips.
Payslips-12
Bank statements-12
P60- 5 years
Contract of current employment
Bonus award letter (just a supporting as March salary included bonus)
PBS summary
and photocopies of all above.

I had other set too which I did not submit-
Qualifications
Last 5 years bank statements and payslips
Council tax bills

The whole process was very smooth and quick, efficient. Staff was quite friendly as well.

I went in at 8am, Payment, case registration and biometrics were done by 8.45am. Case consideration from 9am-9.50am. Approval letter at 10 am :) BRP to arrive in 7 days.

Any questions, I would be happy to help. Thanks again to those who have answered my silly last minute questions.
This forum has been very useful.

All the best.

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:47 pm

Congrats mate.

su6
Newly Registered

Post by su6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Thanks ilrapplicant2013 :-)

syed_ILR

Re: Got ILR :-)

Post by syed_ILR » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:26 pm

su6 wrote:I am posting this from a new acccount (some issues with my previous one); but thanks to all esp. Kevin24 and ilrapplicant2013 for your help.

I got my ILR approved under Tier1 General this morning..
Croydon PEO.
APppointment at 8.40 am. Reached at 7.50am. There was hardly anyone around. Got approval letter at 10am ..was quick. No questions/ interview by caseworker.
Docs submitted were:
PP + BRP
app form plus photos
absence spreadsheet (I had 330 in total in 5 year but none were > 180 days in any of the successive 5 years; no absence > 90 days)
Covering letter explaining absences
Employers letters for paid leave, printout of annual leave from timesheet ssytem and letter of employers for business trips.
Payslips-12
Bank statements-12
P60- 5 years
Contract of current employment
Bonus award letter (just a supporting as March salary included bonus)
PBS summary
and photocopies of all above.

I had other set too which I did not submit-
Qualifications
Last 5 years bank statements and payslips
Council tax bills

The whole process was very smooth and quick, efficient. Staff was quite friendly as well.

I went in at 8am, Payment, case registration and biometrics were done by 8.45am. Case consideration from 9am-9.50am. Approval letter at 10 am :) BRP to arrive in 7 days.

Any questions, I would be happy to help. Thanks again to those who have answered my silly last minute questions.
This forum has been very useful.

All the best.
congrats :)

Can you just list your yearly absences. Did you have any when you were not in a job?

Thanks

su6
Newly Registered

Post by su6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:40 pm

I was employed throughout in my 5 years here in the UK...so no absences when unemployed and no unpaid leave either.

Well, I had around 330 absences in total spread over 5 years..
Total Paid leave Business trips

Year 1 81 42 39
Year 2 99 13 86
Year 3 45 24 21
Year 4 56 40 16
Year 5 40 18 22

Total days 321 137 184

I had a detailed excel sheet attached showing date left UK, returned to UK and days spent outside...also I had submitted copies of itineraries where available.
(I had around 35 trips in 5 years) :lol: But the most i was away on a single trip was like 35 days. Many short trips.

Hoe this helps.

Anndeep

congrats

Post by Anndeep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:41 pm

Congratulations on your successful ILR application.
I am concerned about my absences (which are much less than 180 days in each consecutive year) but the absences are mainly family and summer trips to India and they are also within the annual leave. Is it OK? Is it necessary that absences can only be for business trips approved by employer or compelling reasons? As Tier 1 G are we not allowed to travel outside UK for 7-10 days for holidays? Thanks, Anndeep

su6
Newly Registered

Post by su6 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:43 pm

You should be okay as long as they are less than 180 days in each successive year before application date.

My suggestion, based on my experience would be:
1. To print out all e-tickets/ itineraries and attach with your application
2. Get a letter from your employer stating annual leave taken each year (This could also be print out from your time system)
3. Keep employment contracts handy (which contain your paid leave allowance) so you can prove that your holidays out of the UK were all within this allowance.

Dont stress...as long as within the limit you should be fine.

Anndeep

thanks

Post by Anndeep » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Many thanks for your prompt and useful advice. Will keep all this in mind and follow. Thanks again.