ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HO issued ILR for an Tier 1 Extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

urdankhtola
Newly Registered

HO issued ILR for an Tier 1 Extension

Post by urdankhtola » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:11 pm

One of my friends applied for Tier 1 Extension at the window appointment. He was given a confirmation letter mentioning that he's got the ILR. He thought it was probably given by mistake. But now he has received his BRP which also states that he has been given ILR.
What should he now do?
Should he just stick to the decision which HO has made and apply for Naturalisation after 1 year or he has to infrom HO of their mistake?

su6
Newly Registered

Post by su6 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:34 pm

:roll: :lol: :D

alanwong

Re: HO issued ILR for an Tier 1 Extension

Post by alanwong » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:33 pm

:D :) :o :shock:
Maybe the caseworker is so nice that he or she thinks your friend has met the requirement for ILR, so ...
Last edited by alanwong on Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:40 pm

thats a nice mistake :)

well can you give some background on the case...?

What was his VISA cat.
When they first landed here,
any extensions before that?

may be, its not a fault on HO part ?

thanks

ilrapplicant2013

Post by ilrapplicant2013 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:51 pm

urdankhtola wrote:One of my friends applied for Tier 1 Extension at the window appointment. He was given a confirmation letter mentioning that he's got the ILR. He thought it was probably given by mistake. But now he has received his BRP which also states that he has been given ILR.
What should he now do?
Should he just stick to the decision which HO has made and apply for Naturalisation after 1 year or he has to infrom HO of their mistake?
Ha ha what a mistake!
I dont know how long he has stayed etc. But he has to still live in UK for 5 years before neaturalisation , with the final 1 year on ILR, so he will satisfy the second criteria not the first .

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:15 pm

urdankhtola wrote:One of my friends applied for Tier 1 Extension at the window appointment. He was given a confirmation letter mentioning that he's got the ILR. He thought it was probably given by mistake. But now he has received his BRP which also states that he has been given ILR.
What should he now do?
Did Santa deliver the BRP card to to your friend orTo You(LOL)??. X'mas has come too early.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:52 pm

What should he now do?
How long your friend had been living? What category has he lived before switching to tier 1?
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Tell him to party on this over the weekend. We can decide on Monday what should be done. One of the nicest thing to read in the forum in last few weeks indeed :P

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:01 pm

What should he now do?
Your friend has saved valuable £s. now sit tight and apply for naturalisation when eligible, not necessarily after 1 year but on completion of total of 5 years with atleast one yr on ILR. Don't inform HO!
Thanks!

Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience of dealing with UKBA. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:16 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

urdankhtola
Newly Registered

Post by urdankhtola » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Immigration Background
Jan 2008: Student Visa from Pakistan
Jun 2009 : Student Extention
Jun 2010 : PSW
Mar 2011: Tier 1 General (Valid till April 2013)
Apr 2013 : Applied for Tier 1 Extention and they issued ILR

mani2013

Post by mani2013 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:35 pm

badi mushkil se milti hai aisi dua. enjoy. :D