ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

life in the uk test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

hsmpilr

life in the uk test

Post by hsmpilr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:23 am

Been reading this book.
I am not able to remember the history and dates. Is there any person who has finished this test who can give us a feedback on the test. If too much emphasis is given on history and dates then i am a dead meat.

Emrah

Re: life in the uk test

Post by Emrah » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:10 pm

hsmpilr wrote:Been reading this book.
I am not able to remember the history and dates. Is there any person who has finished this test who can give us a feedback on the test. If too much emphasis is given on history and dates then i am a dead meat.
I dont know the new test but in old test you skip the first part.

DesiBoys

Post by DesiBoys » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:14 pm

I just have given the test yest and the test did have 1-2 questions date related and few more from history. It's quite evenly distributed among all chapters. I would recommend to make notes of dates, monarchs, imp sports personnel, artists and musicians. Then try questionnaire. As along as you continuously able to pass mock tests you should be OK. It isn't that difficult at all as it may appear in the beginning. Good luck

hsmpilr

Post by hsmpilr » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 pm

DesiBoys wrote:I just have given the test yest and the test did have 1-2 questions date related and few more from history. It's quite evenly distributed among all chapters. I would recommend to make notes of dates, monarchs, imp sports personnel, artists and musicians. Then try questionnaire. As along as you continuously able to pass mock tests you should be OK. It isn't that difficult at all as it may appear in the beginning. Good luck
That is comforting. Thanks. I do pass the tests in the mock exams. The problem is I just-pass. 18/24. rarely 19.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 pm

hsmpilr wrote:
DesiBoys wrote:I just have given the test yest and the test did have 1-2 questions date related and few more from history. It's quite evenly distributed among all chapters. I would recommend to make notes of dates, monarchs, imp sports personnel, artists and musicians. Then try questionnaire. As along as you continuously able to pass mock tests you should be OK. It isn't that difficult at all as it may appear in the beginning. Good luck
That is comforting. Thanks. I do pass the tests in the mock exams. The problem is I just-pass. 18/24. rarely 19.
You could try the Mock Tests and practice until you score above 20 and then read the relevant chapter.Then you will remember the important facts. This is how I did.Managed to get all 24 correct in the Exam.
KEVIN
Please Don't send me P. M If I haven't sent you One .

makkan00
United Kingdom

Post by makkan00 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
hsmpilr wrote:
You could try the Mock Tests and practice until you score above 20 and then read the relevant chapter.Then you will remember the important facts. This is how I did.Managed to get all 24 correct in the Exam.
how do you source mock tests?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm

makkan00 wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
hsmpilr wrote:
how do you source mock tests?
You can buy Practice Questions from the TSO Book shop. Or else you have to do Mock Tests online. There are several organizations providing Mock Tests for a Fee.
KEVIN

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
hsmpilr wrote:
I thought they dont tell how many you scored, cos I have asked when I passed she said she can only tell me that Im passed. I did the test in 4 mins like another 2 people. It was very easy before they changed it I dont know how difficult right now though.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
hsmpilr wrote:
I thought they dont tell how many you scored, cos I have asked when I passed she said she can only tell me that Im passed. I did the test in 4 mins like another 2 people. It was very easy before they changed it I dont know how difficult right now though.
I got My score after checking the answers at home. I am pretty sure I answered all correct.You did your Test in 4 Mins. You must give tuition to people taking the Test. You are very clever. :D
KEVIN

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Kevin24 wrote:
I got My score after checking the answers at home. I am pretty sure I answered all correct.You did your Test in 4 Mins. You must give tuition to people taking the Test. You are very clever. :D
Im not that clever just spent 3 whole day on book and around 200 mock tests on my phone so you cant forget things that easy after all.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Emrah wrote:
Kevin24 wrote:
Im not that clever just spent 3 whole day on book and around 200 mock tests on my phone so you cant forget things that easy after all.
You are very Modest . It took me 2 weeks to Complete the Text book .
KEVIN

suis

Re: life in the uk test

Post by suis » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:16 am

hsmpilr wrote:Been reading this book.
guys don't be scared on this test, just take it as simple, and study with fun, cos i studied the old test and i found really interest on the Life in UK test,cos i learned new things, best thing is read each chapters one by one and discuss with your partner,

for example read one whole chapter and tell your partner like a story, then you can easily pass the exam..dont feel like you are doing a PHD, to me this exam like a nice stories. cos i love reading stories.

i did this mock test :http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1
with old test syllabus. but i am not sure what are the new mock test looks like,. but please google it you will find it,

and i spend only 2 weeks to study and do the exam, and i did not study full time...just went through the theory on my lunch break ...but went through all the mock test on this link at night http://www.theuktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/1

if you can do at least 1000 mock test questions then u can pass easily ..

hsmpilr

Post by hsmpilr » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:24 pm

Yes. But the new test ? Dates are too confusing to remember as-well-as difficult. I am not sure if anyone here completed the new test who can throw some light on what is the empahsis given ? is it too much on dates or knowing the concepts ?

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 pm

hsmpilr wrote:Yes. But the new test ? Dates are too confusing to remember as-well-as difficult. I am not sure if anyone here completed the new test who can throw some light on what is the empahsis given ? is it too much on dates or knowing the concepts ?
To remember the Dates is to take short Notes.Revise it as often you can. After some time you would automatically remember them.
KEVIN

GenX

Post by GenX » Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 am

Hi,

I have passed the test successfully today and based on my experience I can say that you should learn dates but only important ones. Although in my paper none of the date related questions were asked. Questions were more based on important events and people involved. I remember few questions like

1) after glorious revolution what kind of country UK is ? - constitutional monarchy
2) after the defeat in the war where did Charles II bided himself? - oak tree
3) how much amount claims can be done using small claim procedure in England and Wales? - 5000
4) are all common wealth countries the one which were ruled by British empire ?-false
5) who was William wilberforce? - person involved in removal of slave trade
6) where is loch lamond? - Scotland
7) patron of Scotland? St. Andrew
8) for whom battle of bannuckborn fought? - Scottish
9)what re the responsibilities if British citizen?
10) how many jury members are present in England jury- 12
11) purpose os small claim court?
12) when did Nelson died in which battle? - battle of trafalgar
13)about individual electoral registration process in Ireland
14) what is the other name of James bible?
15)who made the first coins? - Iron Age people
Etc...hope this will help...

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Wed May 01, 2013 12:50 pm

GenX wrote: 2) after the defeat in the war where did Charles II bided himself?
I just asked my british colleague this one his reply:

"In a barrel of wine at the closet pub" :lol:

Well wine barrels are made from oak so he was very close, shall we say?

When I was doing my LIUK (old syllabus) I actively involved my colleagues, lot of their answers were wrong and downright funny but it helped me remember the stuff. Its more fun doing British history with the brits! And you get to learn some practical stuff off them too...

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed May 01, 2013 3:28 pm

GenX wrote:Hi,

I have passed the test successfully today and based on my experience I can say that you should learn dates but only important ones. Although in my paper none of the date related questions were asked. Questions were more based on important events and people involved. I remember few questions like

1) after glorious revolution what kind of country UK is ? - constitutional monarchy
2) after the defeat in the war where did Charles II bided himself? - oak tree
3) how much amount claims can be done using small claim procedure in England and Wales? - 5000
4) are all common wealth countries the one which were ruled by British empire ?-false
5) who was William wilberforce? - person involved in removal of slave trade
6) where is loch lamond? - Scotland
7) patron of Scotland? St. Andrew
8) for whom battle of bannuckborn fought? - Scottish
9)what re the responsibilities if British citizen?
10) how many jury members are present in England jury- 12
11) purpose os small claim court?
12) when did Nelson died in which battle? - battle of trafalgar
13)about individual electoral registration process in Ireland
14) what is the other name of James bible?
15)who made the first coins? - Iron Age people
Etc...hope this will help...
Congratulations on passing the LiUKTest. Did you get all 24 correct??
KEVIN