ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave due - Salary coming to my business account

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kami786110
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave due - Salary coming to my business account

Post by kami786110 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:35 am

Hi There,
I have been a silent reader of this forum and this forum has helped me alot. My indefinite leave would be due soon in few weeks time.
I am on HSMP Tier 1 (General) and am self-employed as well as employed by a limited company. I have just come across a post stating that salary shouldn't be coming into business account otherwise it won't be considered however my monthly salary comes into my business account which i use for my self-employed business as i thought it would be easier as i would have just one bank statement to show.
Can some senior members please guide me.
Thanks in advance

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Wed May 01, 2013 10:53 am

There is a difference if you are a director of the LTD company which is employee of that company and company need to pay salaries to all of its employees even in case of just one director.

There is another option to work i-e Self employed with UTR number given by HMRC . in this case there are no salaries involved and with the single bank statements.

In first case your company should pay your salaries to your personal account not the company business account, get your accountant involved and you can sort out it,

kami786110
Newly Registered

Post by kami786110 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply,
I work as self employed and my all income comes into my business account but i also work for a different limited company (not my own company) and i gave the company my business bank details as i never realised this could be an issue however it has been 12 months now and my indefinite leave is due am so confused what to do now as my every month salary has been deposited into my business account and this is really bothering me now that if case worker asks me why your salary is coming to your business account.
Thanks in advance

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Wed May 01, 2013 12:55 pm

kami786110 wrote:Many thanks for your prompt reply,
I work as self employed and my all income comes into my business account but i also work for a different limited company (not my own company) and i gave the company my business bank details as i never realised this could be an issue however it has been 12 months now and my indefinite leave is due am so confused what to do now as my every month salary has been deposited into my business account and this is really bothering me now that if case worker asks me why your salary is coming to your business account.
Thanks in advance
In case you are working as Self employed then i dont think its a problem. self Employed is the person who is not working under any company, you might be treating that account as your business account but actually its on your name and personal account.

you need to get the accountant to create your proft/loss statement, balance sheet etc from this account and clearly show what you earned form your self employment and what from other employment.

I did the same for my extension case, self employment and also full time job with some other company.

i hope this helps

kami786110
Newly Registered

Post by kami786110 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Thank you very much you have been such a great help
sorry to bother you again the only thing that is bothering me that i have spoke to couple of Accountants and they are saying your salary is classed as your personal salary so it shouldn't be coming to your business account but the business account belongs to me and the account even has my personal name on since your reply has relieved me but i hope case worker won't ask anything regarding this issue.
Many thanks again

mianrmm

Post by mianrmm » Wed May 01, 2013 1:06 pm

kami786110 wrote:Thank you very much you have been such a great help
sorry to bother you again the only thing that is bothering me that i have spoke to couple of Accountants and they are saying your salary is classed as your personal salary so it shouldn't be coming to your business account but the business account belongs to me and the account even has my personal name on since your reply has relieved me but i hope case worker won't ask anything regarding this issue.
Many thanks again
to satisfy the case worker basically you need the detailed papers like profit/loss statement, balance sheet, accountant letter stating your incomes from both sides (self employment & other job)

you can prove your other job income from the salary slips and back statement in your name.

self employment you can show all the statements above along with the accountant letters.

Also the registration of your self employment with HMRC and have UTR number.

I hope this helps.

kami786110
Newly Registered

Post by kami786110 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:54 pm

I have got all the documents you stated in your post only the concern was the salary which shouldn't have been paid into my business bank account as the business statement has my business name but also reflects my personal name as well so i think it should be ok
Thanks again

kami786110
Newly Registered

Post by kami786110 » Thu May 02, 2013 2:35 pm

I would really appreciate if some more senior members can comment on this as i ain't sure what can case worker say regarding this having spoken to couple of immigration lawyers they say it should be basically coming into personal account but shouldn't be an issue as the business account is a sole trader account on your name.
Regards