ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expiry date on ILR??

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

su6
Newly Registered

Expiry date on ILR??

Post by su6 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:20 am

I have just received my Biometric Residence Permit for Indefinite leave to Remain. It states ILR on the card, but also has a validity of 10 years!? how can an ILR holder have a restriction on time they can stay in the UK!?

I am confused! Any thoughts or experience from others who got their permits in last few months please?

Thanks a lot.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

The card (like a passport) has validity for 10 years. It does not effect the duration you can stay in the country. I'm guessing you will need to renew the card every 10 years.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue May 07, 2013 12:18 pm

ILR has no expiry date and even if you upgrade your ILR to British passport then still you will find an expiry date on it.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS