ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAT refund and ILR - Please advise

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

needilr2013
Newly Registered

VAT refund and ILR - Please advise

Post by needilr2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi Members,

I am going to elegiable for ILR in next 2-3 weeks(As per the new 180 days rule).
I went to india 4 months ago on a family visit and applied for VAT refund and got the VAT refund. The VAT refund was for a item i baught as a gift for someone but was on my name.

Now i am confused as would it be an cause of concern for my ILR ? In case it is can i return the refund amount back to HMRC.

Please advise

friend12345

Re: VAT refund and ILR - Please advise

Post by friend12345 » Tue May 28, 2013 1:52 pm

needilr2013 wrote:Hi Members,

I am going to elegiable for ILR in next 2-3 weeks(As per the new 180 days rule).
I went to india 4 months ago on a family visit and applied for VAT refund and got the VAT refund. The VAT refund was for a item i baught as a gift for someone but was on my name.

Now i am confused as would it be an cause of concern for my ILR ? In case it is can i return the refund amount back to HMRC.

Please advise
You will be fine, this is not a public fund in case you are thinking that way.

Good Luck

needilr2013
Newly Registered

Post by needilr2013 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:17 pm

thanks friend 12345

I am worried about the checks UK BA would make before they process my ILR.
is there even a check like that ??