ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Missed - Life in the UK Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

leicester_boy
Mood:

Missed - Life in the UK Test

Post by leicester_boy » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi all,

Quick question on Life in the UK Test (LIUK)

My cousin is a VET and he applied for ILR along with his 2 dependents (spouse and a child) early in March. He said he didn't realise he had to take the 'LIUK' test (silly mistake to be honest) and has not had a reply yet from UKBA.

He was granted HSMP visa in 2008 (not caught up in the HSMP Judiciary or transitional arrangements) and subequently granted extension in 2011 under Tier 1 visa.

What are his options at the moment?

What are the possible implications of not taking the LIUK test?

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Missed - Life in the UK Test

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:37 pm

leicester_boy wrote:What are the possible implications of not taking the LIUK test?
He might get a refusal as he has not met the requirement of LIUK or they might ask him to submit the missing certificates for himself and his wife.

This is clearly a field in the form that he would have needed to complete and the certificate is listed as a required document, so not sure how he missed it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:43 pm

Thank you CR001

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:46 pm

I hope that he has now sat the test as well as his wife for when they request them!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:13 am

High possibility that they will cancel application and won't refund fee.

But I would hurry to earliest test centre, pass the test and then contact them and send them test certificate, they give it on the day of the test if you pass it successfully.

In the meanwhile, I would also contact UKBA and very politely explain the situation. If they can't process it, maybe they will at least return application without charging the fee. But I would hurry with it.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:14 pm

Thank you JohnM.

onabanjo

Post by onabanjo » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:00 pm

leicester_boy wrote:Hi all,

My cousin is a VET and he applied for ILR along with his 2 dependents (spouse and a child) early in March. He said he didn't realise he had to take the 'LIUK' test (silly mistake to be honest) and has not had a reply yet from UKBA.

He was granted HSMP visa in 2008 (not caught up in the HSMP Judiciary or transitional arrangements) and subequently granted extension in 2011 under Tier 1 visa.

Many thanks in advance.

If the application was recently sent, I will advise that the people concern should arrange to get the text book and questions and answers of it, study and sit for the text.
Meanwhile, the main applicant needs to send a letter to UKBA using the the address on your acknowledgement ( I guess its Sheffield address) stating clearly that your INADVERTENTLY omitted to include your life in UK test which you just realised should be part of the document .Don't call because your application may be bundled back to you to reduce their their work load and of course without the fee. In the letter to UKBA, the main applicant needs to be specific when the certificates will be sent to them.To this i will suggest they book the test and include the date in the letter to UKBA. For anyone that is serious, two to three weeks are enough for preparation for LIFE IN THE UK TEST

The average time for their decisions is SIX months , so they say for postal applications

BEST OF LUCK
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Spring

Post by Spring » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 pm

onabanjo wrote:
leicester_boy wrote:Hi all,

Many thanks in advance.

If the application was recently sent, I will advise that the people concern should arrange to get the text book and questions and answers of it, study and sit for the text.
Meanwhile, the main applicant needs to send a letter to UKBA using the the address on your acknowledgement ( I guess its Sheffield address) stating clearly that your INADVERTENTLY omitted to include your life in UK test which you just realised should be part of the document .Don't call because your application may be bundled back to you to reduce their their work load and of course without the fee. In the letter to UKBA, the main applicant needs to be specific when the certificates will be sent to them.To this i will suggest they book the test and include the date in the letter to UKBA. For anyone that is serious, two to three weeks are enough for preparation for LIFE IN THE UK TEST

The average time for their decisions is SIX months , so they say for postal applications

BEST OF LUCK
Also, I do hope that your Vet cousin & spouse are aware that there is no next day appointment for Life in the UK Test i.e. the earliest anyone may sit for his/her LIUK test is 7 days from the date of the online booking.

Hence, I would suggest that your cousin & spouse make an online appointment to sit for the LIUK test as soon as possible, and write to the Home Office with the reference number given to him in the acknowledgement letter and date of the LIUK test.

Pray hope that thanks to the evidential flexibility policy, the CW may be willing to accept the additional missing document from your cousin & spouse.

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/wp-conte ... uction.pdf

All the best.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Thank you onabanjo and Spring.

leicester_boy
Mood:

Post by leicester_boy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:50 pm

Hi All,

Further to my earlier post, my cousin has received a letter from UKBA asking her to take the ESOl test and her husband (main applicant) to take LIUK test within 28 days. My cousin says she had been for the ESOL test, which took only 1 day and she was told she will receive the certificate within 3 weeks time. I was reading the Set (O) guidance notes and wondering if the ESOL with citizenship course can be done only in a day? She was charged £165.00 for the test and £30.00 for the certificate to arrive sooner.

The main applicant is preparing to take the LIUK in the next couple of days.

Your thoughts and expertise will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,