ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expect slower processing times and fewer appointment slots

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deleted_user

Expect slower processing times and fewer appointment slots

Post by deleted_user » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:06 pm

As per http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22952808
Home Secretary Theresa May has agreed to substantial budget cuts of 7.7% at the Home Office but secured protection for counter-terror policing. Other areas, such as immigration, will be squeezed however.
more pain coming up...

ukswus

Re: Expect slower processing times and fewer appointment slo

Post by ukswus » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:03 pm

dimension7 wrote:As per http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22952808
Home Secretary Theresa May has agreed to substantial budget cuts of 7.7% at the Home Office but secured protection for counter-terror policing. Other areas, such as immigration, will be squeezed however.
more pain coming up...
Well, it's not like we are relying on some kind of governmental charity.

Just one average Tier 1 PEO appointment (for a family of 3) brings about 5,000 GBP revenue for a couple of hours of work. How many other private businesses have that kind of return?

If I was the Government, I would actually try and increase the number of UKBA staff.

JohnM

Post by JohnM » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:04 am

If somebody is afraid of loosing job, efficiency might actually increase.

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:28 pm

Well, it's not like we are relying on some kind of governmental charity.

Just one average Tier 1 PEO appointment (for a family of 3) brings about 5,000 GBP revenue for a couple of hours of work. How many other private businesses have that kind of return?

If I was the Government, I would actually try and increase the number of UKBA staff.
True, well said.