ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR and drink driving court fines

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yanik85
Newly Registered

ILR and drink driving court fines

Post by yanik85 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:25 am

Hello,

Has anyone been granted ILR with a court fine and penality points when the conviction is Unspent?

I have applied for ILR SET(M) but last year was sentenced to court for drink driving although not disqualified due to special circumstances surrounding me driving in the first place I was fine 150 pounds and given 10points.
I didn't declare this on the application form since I thought a fine was not a criminal conviction.... and to be honest I didn't do much research and just naively sent my form.
What is likely to be the outcome of my application? What advises could you give me?
Please can anyone help and advise?
Thanks for your help.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:03 pm

You may be refused through not disclosing the offence. A fine given in court is a conviction.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:08 pm

Continue in your other thread. You've already been told the answer it's not going to change!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yanik85
Newly Registered

Post by yanik85 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Casa wrote:You may be refused through not disclosing the offence. A fine given in court is a conviction.
Thank you for your reply. What would be your advise in this case? Should I inform the home office? If this conviction was not recorded on PNC for one reason or the other would it be wise to bring this up as it might have an adverse effect on my application?
Thanks.

yanik85
Newly Registered

Post by yanik85 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:15 pm

To Guru

sorry for trying to get different answers and different perspectives and I didn't know it is prohibited to post the same question using a different topic. I will not seek further advise. I am new on here and I am just trying to get as much advises as possible.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:19 pm

I understand you're stressed but I think it's wise to look at varying your application to flr(m) until you can be certain of the outcome.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yanik85
Newly Registered

Post by yanik85 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:29 pm

D4109125 wrote:I understand you're stressed but I think it's wise to look at varying your application to flr(m) until you can be certain of the outcome.
Thank you and sorry again for the inconvenience.