ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick Q on ILR Letters/Documents & UK born baby applicat

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wassap

Quick Q on ILR Letters/Documents & UK born baby applicat

Post by wassap » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi All,

Apologies if this question has been asked before.

My wife came here nearly 2 years ago so its time to get the wallet open and apply for ILR. The form is pretty clear on the whole and we have no issues in terms of salary slip housing etc. But I need to clarify what documents we need to submit, which are meant to be addressed to us, we have had a joint bank account since she came so will 6 of these statements panning the 2 years be sufficient or does it have to be 6 letters in joint names from different sources.

Also I may be wrong, but as im a british citizen, is it correct that my daughter born last year, doesn't need to apply for ILR?

Im planning to use the SCM service at the council, but I don't expect to use them for advice, so i'd like to go in well prepared :)

Thanks for any advice.
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:30 pm

The SCS does not give advice. Your child is automatically British (if born in the UK).

Documents - for (roughly) every 4 month period of the last 2 years, you need one joint letter or a letter each from a total of at least 3 different sources. So, bank statements are good but you need two other sources too. HMRC letter, council tax, utility bill, credit card statements are but a few examples.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wassap

Post by wassap » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks for that. I thought as much, just needed clarification :)
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????