ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - unemployed at time of application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smacky

ILR - unemployed at time of application

Post by smacky » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:32 am

Hi,
If I earn enough to fulfill my points requirement at the time of my initial Tier-1 application in the 12months prior to filing my ILR application, I know I'll get ILR. But if I am unemployed at the time of applying for ILR even though I've earned enough in the past 12 months, would that be an issue?
I'm thinking of switching jobs and am preparing for the worst. I'll have earned enough points but if I'm unemployed at the time of application, does that affect my ILR application?

My dependant will be applying for FLR(M) when I apply for ILR SET(O) if that makes a difference.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:48 pm

It is alright as long as you get those points it should be fine. You don't need to be in employment on the day of applying for ILR.