ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL citizenship test for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ferryahmed82

ESOL citizenship test for ILR

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:11 am

Hi there

Can someone give me any information about this ESOL citizenship test coming in from 28 october.

Can we give that test now? if yes, then from where we can get the information regarding the test like fee, where to study from, etc?

After 28 october will it be a simple ESOL or some different kind of ESOL specially prepared for ILR applicants??

all comments appreciated..

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:18 am

ESOL with citizenship is already a way to satisfy KOLL. The requirement after 28-Oct-2013 is B1 English qualification in addition to KoLL, you should wait until the guidance is produced.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:34 am

thanks for the reply

I was actually asking about my wife who has already passed Life in the UK test this year in feb. So now she only need to pass ESOL with citizenship course.

She was willing to do it ASAP but we were confused that ESOL with ctiizenship course will be a new one after October 28, or will be the same with B1 level requirement.

She was scared that if she appeared for ESOL test now and completed B1 level, then the changes after 28 october might not invalid the test before that.

Also, the Life in the UK test which she has passed, will still remain valid after 28 Oct changes?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:40 pm

If your wife has
ferryahmed82 wrote: already passed Life in the UK test this year in feb.
then she does not need to pass
ferryahmed82 wrote:ESOL with citizenship course.
From 28-Oct., every applicant will be required to meet the [url]new English language requirement[/url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uirements1] in addition to passing the LITUK test.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mno2uk

Post by mno2uk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:57 pm

Hello Sushdmehta

There is still confusion that I would like to clarify for english language test for someone who is inside UK on tier 1 and then changed to Spouse visa inside country without going back to home country and now after 2 year period which is falling after oct 2013(which means english language test condition will kick in ) .. has also passed life in UK test ..

Does that mean such an individual will need to still sit for another english test when first entry clearance was done using english qualification as IELTS (2 years period expired now) ..

Could you please clarify.. ?

sushdmehta wrote:If your wife has
ferryahmed82 wrote: already passed Life in the UK test this year in feb.
then she does not need to pass
ferryahmed82 wrote:ESOL with citizenship course.
From 28-Oct., every applicant will be required to meet the [url]new English language requirement[/url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... uirements1] in addition to passing the LITUK test.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 am

Thanks for the reply members....

still a small query....

I know that after 28th October 'Life in the UK test' and ESOL exam both will become mandatory. I just wanted to make sure if the syllabus or content of the ESOL exam going to be changed as well after 28 Oct or just it will become mandatory with no change in its content.

If my wife do the ESOL citizenship exam now (before 28 Oct), will that still be valid after 28 Oct??

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:28 am

It will still be valid for KoLL but may not satisfy the New English Language requirement and you should wait for the guidance to be produced.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jara777
Newly Registered

Post by jara777 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello Amber Guru, I'm planning to take the B1 CEFR english exam very soon for my ILR later this year. So based upon your reply, will it remain valid or I should wait for sometime. If I do need to wait then for how long? Thanks

jara777
Newly Registered

Post by jara777 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Hello Amber Guru, I'm planning to take the B1 CEFR english exam very soon for my ILR later this year. So based upon your reply, will it remain valid or I should wait for sometime. If I do need to wait then for how long? Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:49 pm

It will be fine so long as its not expired when you need to use it.

jara777
Newly Registered

Post by jara777 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:53 am

Thanks Amber for your quick response.