ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET M APPLICATIONS

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jay00uk
Newly Registered

SET M APPLICATIONS

Post by jay00uk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:49 am

[color=darkblue][/color]

jay00uk
Newly Registered

Re: SET M APPLICATIONS

Post by jay00uk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:56 am

Application sent on the 15th of August 13
Acknowledgement letter received on the 19th of August 13
Biometric Reg done on the 23rd of August 13
Now waiting to hear .. :roll:

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Did you use the settlement checking service?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jay00uk
Newly Registered

Post by jay00uk » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:43 pm

[quote="D4109125"]Did you use the settlement checking service?[/quote]
I have used the settlement checking service but i didn't get them to post my application. i was not convinced that information they give you is quite right as i have been told that i need at least 12 documents to prove my cohabitation with my partner where home office only wants 6 jointed name documents which i had. They also missed out a few documents like p60 which i thought it would be beneficial for my application.
i went to see a immigration solicitor and got them to deal with my application as it was much more professional and no messing about..

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Unfortunately, they were correct, only 6 joint document were needed. You would have been able to keep your documents if you had used the SCS, though, you should have also with certified copies from a solicitor. Applications using the SCS are usually decided within 6 weeks as opposed to 12 weeks - 6 months for postal.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

jay00uk
Newly Registered

Post by jay00uk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:44 am

Yes but they told me that i needed to have unnecessary documents to prove the cohabitation where i needed only 6 and then they forgot about much more imported documents.. not impressed !
home office doesn't have a separate section that deals with applications coming from SCS.. all applications dealt with the same way regardless where they came from.. the reason SCS application seems to be quicker is that home office usually doesn't need to ask for more documents.. the length of applications depends on the individual cases as every single application considered separately so there is no rule that if you use the SCS your application will be considered much quicker then others... i know some applications only took a few weeks to get back and they applied them selfs without using 3rd party organisations..

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:36 am

It's a shame you found the service poor. Providing them feedback may help future applicants. SCS applications are less likely to fail (statistical fact) and by the timelines on this site, are significantly faster. However, I'm sure you'll be dealt with speedily. I hope your 'solicitor' didn't charge too much. A P60 would not benefit your application.

jay00uk
Newly Registered

Post by jay00uk » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:29 pm

Thank you very much.. i just want to make clear that although i had poor service from SCS does not mean that it will be the same for everyone.. i think they are doing a great job and helping you with your application. Unfortunately the service does varies from centre to centre .. best thing you can do is get as much information as possible and read the HO guidance for your application before making an appointment with SCS
Will keep up to date if there are any developments.. :)

safwan_ali
Newly Registered

Post by safwan_ali » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:57 am

Im panicking as its 4th week and they havnt deducted the fees yet..i didnt use SCS and sent application myself.

safwan_ali
Newly Registered

Post by safwan_ali » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:58 am

Does UKBA contacts you if something wrong with fees or they just simply reject it?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:49 am

They will send the application back. Expect to wait longer when not using the SCS. Did you send the application by recorded delivery? If so, check that it has been received, if it has, you'll just have to wait.

safwan_ali
Newly Registered

Post by safwan_ali » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi im sorry i for got to mention...i did send application thru special delivery and it was recieved the next day and i recieved an acknoledgement letter after five days...but since then its been two weeks they havnt taken the fees yet...i m dreading why i didnt come to this forum earlier i could have known these things...

safwan_ali
Newly Registered

Post by safwan_ali » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Hi im sorry i for got to mention...i did send application thru special delivery and it was recieved the next day and i recieved an acknoledgement letter after five days...but since then its been two weeks they havnt taken the fees yet...i m dreading why i didnt come to this forum earlier i could have known these things...

safwan_ali
Newly Registered

Post by safwan_ali » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:42 pm

My timeline so far
Application:set(m)
Sent by post:12/09/2013
Recieved:13/09/2013
Acknowledgemnt letter recieved:20/09/3013
Payment hasnt been taken yet
Still waiting???

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:26 pm

You'll have to just wait.

Aleyan
Newly Registered

Settlement checking service

Post by Aleyan » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:43 am

Hello Everyone

Do you have any information from inside the scs settlement checking service.
I mean will they take interview from spouse or sponsor or both of them.
I mean what will they ask first when you enter the scs, and what happens next will there be any kind of interview.

They mentioned there applicant and the sponsor must be present when submitting there application ( Set M ).

I will be thankful if someone provide these informations.

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:55 am

It's rather informal, they are not assessing your relationship (so far as you say it's genuine and subsisting). They'll check the form, make certified copies of documents and give you the originals then send the application by special delivery, in order, with covering letters.

safwan_ali
Newly Registered

Post by safwan_ali » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:50 am

Thanks...i guess i havnt any choice than waiting.

sndp
Newly Registered

Post by sndp » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:13 pm

D4109125 wrote:It's rather informal, they are not assessing your relationship (so far as you say it's genuine and subsisting). They'll check the form, make certified copies of documents and give you the originals then send the application by special delivery, in order, with covering letters.

Will SCS accept only applicants who have atleast 28 days of leave remaining in their current visa? Their FAQ says "You should contact the Citizenship section in sufficient time to book an appointment in order to submit your application 28 days before your existing leave expires"

But is this mandatory?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:17 pm

No they'll accept a case up until the leave expires. You can apply from 28 days before you've completed 2 years in the UK as a spouse.

safwan_ali
Newly Registered

Post by safwan_ali » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Update:
They sent my application back just as i thought they said fee wasnt provided.they cudnt take money out of my account either cos bank declined as of insufficient balance or card details dont match.i rang the bank asking did they decline any payment and they said no as i have enough amount in my account.it could be wrong card details then but i cant check it because the fees page from application are missing.now i know my card details by heart and checked twice before sending.how can i get that wrong.the only thing can be wrong is full name of card holder...i wrote what exactly was on my card the initial of first name and surname..may b they require full name.Anyways i have to send it again but unsure about one thing...do i have to provide new bank statements as the last one was till august and its already october now...i will have to order them which will take up to 5 working days...any suggestions guys?
Thanks

wassap

Post by wassap » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:31 am

I used the scs service is nottingham. It took 6 weeks in total.

They didnt submit my payslips or p60s as my bank statements showed salary going in etc. I was a bit nervous but it all worked out great.

The lady did mention that you shouldnt include too much paperwork as it just cloggs up the officers desk.
Submitted on 10/05/2011
Visa application is under process at British High Commission 18/05/2011
No interviews or Employer calls or emails
Ready for collection on 22/07/11

ILR granted 19/9/2013
Awaiting BRP!

Result?????

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:21 am

jay00uk wrote:Sent my Set M Application on the 15th of August 2013. Did the Biometric on the 19th August 2013.
Does anyone know how long it normally takes these days for Set M Applications to be decided ? Rolling Eyes

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:21 am

Up to 6 months, could be sooner.

jay00uk
Newly Registered

Post by jay00uk » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:39 am

Hi Amber, thanks for reply..
any idea of the date on the applications that the HO making decision on now?
any July / August Set M Application been decided at all?