ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is it compulsory to pay tax to qualify for ILR...Very Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Is it compulsory to pay tax to qualify for ILR...Very Urgent

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier1 (General) and applying for ILR.

I have not paid any tax in one tax year (out of 5 years) as I was unemployed (was on tier-1 at that time and was out of country. not having more than 180 days holiday in any 12 months). My HMRC employment letter correctly shows that I have earned £1200 in that entire year and not paid any tax as my earning was too low.
Could someone confirm if it is mandatory to have paid tax in each year to qualify for ILR? Does economically active means you should have paid tax?

Please help, my appointment is tomorrow only.

Thanks

ILR.dot.dot.dot

Post by ILR.dot.dot.dot » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Could some one please help....its really urgent and I really appreciate your help......

along with above query I have another query too:

- SET(O) section 7.11 - How long have you lived in the UK? Shall I count it from the date I first entered the UK on WP? (considering I was out for 10 continuous months when I was on tier-1) do I need to exclude this 10 months period?.

- Section 7.11 further says "Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time". Do I need to enter details here for my 10 months leave out of UK even if none of 12 months have more than 180 days absence?

Please help.

Thanks.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:23 pm

ILR.dot.dot.dot wrote:Could some one please help....its really urgent and I really appreciate your help......

along with above query I have another query too:

- SET(O) section 7.11 - How long have you lived in the UK? Shall I count it from the date I first entered the UK on WP? (considering I was out for 10 continuous months when I was on tier-1) do I need to exclude this 10 months period?.

- Section 7.11 further says "Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time". Do I need to enter details here for my 10 months leave out of UK even if none of 12 months have more than 180 days absence?

Please help.

Thanks.
As per my limited knowledge if you were on Tier-1 (G) then you dont have to pay tax in every single year. But you are giving conflicting information, in your first post you said you were on T1(G) and in your second post you are talking about WP - which is it?
Please give clear info and timeline and I am sure the good people on the forum will help.

ChetanOjha

Re: Is it compulsory to pay tax to qualify for ILR...Very Ur

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 pm

ILR.dot.dot.dot wrote:Hi All,

I am on Tier1 (General) and applying for ILR.

I have not paid any tax in one tax year (out of 5 years) as I was unemployed (was on tier-1 at that time and was out of country. not having more than 180 days holiday in any 12 months). My HMRC employment letter correctly shows that I have earned £1200 in that entire year and not paid any tax as my earning was too low.
Could someone confirm if it is mandatory to have paid tax in each year to qualify for ILR? Does economically active means you should have paid tax?

Please help, my appointment is tomorrow only.

Thanks
Hope your appointment went well. Economically active doesn't mean paying tax. It means you are atleast doing something i.e. job or business. If you are doing business and it is running in loss.. then you will not be able to pay taxes but can still show activity in the business.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:06 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.