ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihill

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sgadipat
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Solihill

Post by sgadipat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Hi All,

My application to ILR was successful yesterday at Solihull. The staff were very friendly and there were no hitches. I applied for ILR after being on Tier-1 general from 04/12/2008. I came to UK on 21/12/2008. Documents carried-
(1) Set(o) application
(2) Two photos
(3) Points calculator
(4) 12 months payslips
(5) 12 months bank statements showing salary transactions
(6) Life in UK pass letter
(7) UK Naric statement of comparibility showing my degree is comparable to UK bachelors degree
(8) Original bachelor degree certificate
(9) Original transcript which shows that the medium of instruction of my degree as English
(10) 5 Year P60s
(11) Employment certificate
(12) Payslips for the months of my absence from UK (annual leaves). These payslips are to show that the absences are a part of paid leaves. I have taken no other letter to explain these absences.
(13) Cover letter to explain my evidences and provide contacts for verification of documents

While preparing the application, I had questions about two issues. My take on these issues since my application is successful
(1) New rule changes for English language requirements from Oct28 - I think it is enough if we show that our degree is accepted in points calculator. If its not, then we need to get the UK naric certificate and also show that our degree was taught in English. This can be a letter from university or a transcript which highlights this fact. My degree was accepted in points calculator but I played safe and carried the NARIC certificate and transcript.
(2) Absences - I talked to croydon PEO multiple times and they all said they are only interested in long and frequent leaves. They probably won't look into annual leaves which are infrequent. I explained my leaves in a table (5 in the last 5 years) and showed payslips which showed that all my leaves are paid leaves. I think you do not need to carry a letter from your employer certifying your leaves.

Let me know if you have any questions. I also know a few more people who had successful ILR applications in the past and I may be able to guide a few here.

Regards

s_saini
India

Post by s_saini » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi Sgadupat

Could you please explain your experience on English part.

Did you submit NARIC letter in first place or they ask it for.?

sgadipat
Newly Registered

Post by sgadipat » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 pm

I submitted the NARIC certificate along with the application. They did not ask for it.

From my conversations with UKBA croydon callcenter, I feel its enough if you get 10 points in points calculator through your degree being recognised in their DB. But if you want play safe like me, make alternate proofs.

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Hi , first of congratulation on successfully getting your visa. Can u tell me in detail your experience at the Solihull office , what the process involves when u first arrived their as my has PEO appointment next week.

Thanks

Leis

Post by Leis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me when did you book your appointment with PEO?

Leis

Post by Leis » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi,

Can you tell me when did you book your appointment with PEO?

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Hi, I booked my wife's PEO appointment at Solihull about 12 days ago !

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi , can u explain your experience at the Solihull offices , the process u went throughout from arriving to getting a decision on your visa .

Thanks

Easy Tiger

Post by Easy Tiger » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Hi , sgadipat would u mind explain your peo experience at sholihull , what happened when u arrive right up to the moment u got your visa !

Thanks

ashuroy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Success at Solihill

Post by ashuroy » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Hi There,

thanks for the helpful post. Could you please suggest on following issues

1. Where I can find Points calculator and check whether my degree is accepted or not.
2. I am on T1- general extended visa, wouldn't be English Point used for T1 will remain valid for ILR application.

Thanks
Ashu

[quote="sgadipat"]Hi All,

My application to ILR was successful yesterday at Solihull. The staff were very friendly and there were no hitches. I applied for ILR after being on Tier-1 general from 04/12/2008. I came to UK on 21/12/2008. Documents carried-
(1) Set(o) application
(2) Two photos
(3) Points calculator
(4) 12 months payslips
(5) 12 months bank statements showing salary transactions
(6) Life in UK pass letter
(7) UK Naric statement of comparibility showing my degree is comparable to UK bachelors degree
(8) Original bachelor degree certificate
(9) Original transcript which shows that the medium of instruction of my degree as English
(10) 5 Year P60s
(11) Employment certificate
(12) Payslips for the months of my absence from UK (annual leaves). These payslips are to show that the absences are a part of paid leaves. I have taken no other letter to explain these absences.
(13) Cover letter to explain my evidences and provide contacts for verification of documents

While preparing the application, I had questions about two issues. My take on these issues since my application is successful
(1) New rule changes for English language requirements from Oct28 - I think it is enough if we show that our degree is accepted in points calculator. If its not, then we need to get the UK naric certificate and also show that our degree was taught in English. This can be a letter from university or a transcript which highlights this fact. My degree was accepted in points calculator but I played safe and carried the NARIC certificate and transcript.
(2) Absences - I talked to croydon PEO multiple times and they all said they are only interested in long and frequent leaves. They probably won't look into annual leaves which are infrequent. I explained my leaves in a table (5 in the last 5 years) and showed payslips which showed that all my leaves are paid leaves. I think you do not need to carry a letter from your employer certifying your leaves.

Let me know if you have any questions. I also know a few more people who had successful ILR applications in the past and I may be able to guide a few here.

Regards[/quote]

bhm123

Post by bhm123 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:47 pm

How long did the whole process take? Many thanks

parry316
Newly Registered

my query

Post by parry316 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:21 am

Hello
Could you please tell me if i am eligible for the ILR on 15th May 2014 if my absences from the UK are as follows:

15-May-09 First Entry to UK
25-May-09 Exit
22-Aug-09 2nd Entry to UK
26-Aug-09 Exit
21-Nov-09 3rd Entry to UK
27-Nov-09 Exit
17-Feb-10 4th Entry to UK
10-Apr-11 Exit
23-Apr-11 5th Enty to UK
22-Nov-11 Exit
05-Dec-11 6th Entry to UK
12-Jan-11 Exit
25-Jan-12 7th Entrh to UK
15-Aug-13 Exit
30-Aug-13 8th Entry to UK
27-Oct-13 Exit
17-Nov-13 9th Entry to UK
28-Nov-13 Exit
01-Dec-13 10th Entry to UK

15-May-14 Completion of 5 years and application of ILR

Type: Tier 1 General Migrant.

Can you please have an indepeth look on the above and please tell me whether the rule 'During the continuous residence period, you cannot be outside the UK for more than 180 days in any 12 consecutive months' is satisfied?

Appreciate you kind reply