ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some simple SET(O) form completion questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

icarus
Newly Registered

Some simple SET(O) form completion questions

Post by icarus » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:32 pm

Applying for ILR using SET(O) at PEO Croydon on 4 Dec.
Previously held UK Ancestry visa.

I'm pretty confident but want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible so I have a few hopefully simple questions about Form SET(O). Apologies if they're too pedantic but better err on the side of caution!

1. I've already paid by credit card online--do I need to complete the credit card details on the form? Obviously don't want to be charged twice.

2. Do I need to photocopy everything, including photos and each page of my current and previous passports?

3. If sections of the form are not applicable should they be left blank or should NIL be written?

4. If I attach an additional absences page, should I note it as an 'additional document'?

5. As I am applying in the UK Ancestry category do I need to provide evidence of work-related absences (UK Ancestry is not described by name in section 6 but I wonder whether it falls under 'permitted employment categories')?

6. How recent should any bank statements be? I received one in the post last week and picked up some in my bank branch a week or two before that -- will they be viewed as too stale if they're more than a week old?

7. Is it worth taking along evidence of my ISA bank account savings in addition to evidence of my current account?

8. I'm from Canada (a majority English-speaking country)--do I need to tick the box in 11B that says 'relevant speaking and language qualification' or just leave it blank? (Same question goes for the documents checklist under speaking and listening qualification).

9. For UK Ancestry in 11Q it says I need to include documents showing I am able to work -- will recent payslips suffice?

10. I'm supplying my grandmother's and my father's birth certificates in addition to my own -- should I say I'm supplying 3 birth certificates or 1 birth certificate and list the other 2 under additional documents?

Thanks for any advice and I'll let you know how it goes!

icarus
Newly Registered

Post by icarus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:56 am

Bump, just in case anyone has any tips or experiences they can offer today.

bhm123

Post by bhm123 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:19 pm

1. i had filled version of payment details page, while submitting the application, caseworker gave that page back to me. so they wont charge you twice

2. passport pages with visa and immigration stamp information, including other countries

3. leave blank

4. i did it as a part of cover letter

icarus
Newly Registered

Post by icarus » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:08 pm

bhm123 wrote:1. i had filled version of payment details page, while submitting the application, caseworker gave that page back to me. so they wont charge you twice

2. passport pages with visa and immigration stamp information, including other countries

3. leave blank

4. i did it as a part of cover letter
Thanks for the reply bhm123.

I was successful yesterday.

I partially filled in the payment details but as you say it didn't matter. I had a panic attack in the queue as I couldn't locate my payment receipt in my reams of papers. Luckily I was able to show them the e-mail receipt on my phone and they accepted it.

The rest I did as you suggested except that I did list my additional entries page as an additional document.

I also passed the unannounced fitness test (i.e. having to go up and down three flights of stairs a couple of times -- the Home Office can't afford to operate lifts in Croydon?).

While the decision was being taken (and was delivered less than two hours after my scheduled arrival time), I went across the street to the shopping centre and left them my mobile number as they suggested. They never did call though, luckily I had returned to the waiting area and saw my number called.

It was great to finally get my ILR and an unexpected bonus to receive it in the building directly next door to the building that was used as the JLB Credit office in the series Peep Show! That should be one for the LIUK test.

pvivekrao

Post by pvivekrao » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Hi icarus

Have you taken photocopies of all the documents?

Thanks.

icarus
Newly Registered

Post by icarus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:54 pm

pvivekrao wrote:Hi icarus

Thanks.
Hi there, yeah I did photocopy everything. They take your originals and photocopies to go off and make a decision and you only get your originals returned so I guess they keep the photocopies on file.

wiltshire

Re:

Post by wiltshire » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 pm

icarus wrote:
pvivekrao wrote:Hi icarus

Thanks.
Hi there, yeah I did photocopy everything. They take your originals and photocopies to go off and make a decision and you only get your originals returned so I guess they keep the photocopies on file.
Hi Icarus,

I'm in the same situation as you (UK Ancestry) and about to apply for ILR. How far back did you provide bank statements for? 3 months or the full 12 months?

Bobgene
Newly Registered

Re: Some simple SET(O) form completion questions

Post by Bobgene » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi,
Congrats on your successful application.
Just a simple question that do they take interview through some window or in separate room?
Thanks

Philro
Newly Registered

Post by Philro » Wed May 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Has anyone got any answer to theses questions?

ladym
Newly Registered

Post by ladym » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:06 am

Hi,
Can you please confirm if UK Ancestry is under the Permitted Employment Category?
Many thanks.

32flavours
Newly Registered

Post by 32flavours » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 pm

ladym wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:06 am
Hi,
Can you please confirm if UK Ancestry is under the Permitted Employment Category?
Many thanks.
Hiya icarus - I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I've got for a couple of holidays overseas and locally which hasn't gone past the 180days/yr mark.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 am

32flavours wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:01 pm
ladym wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:06 am
Hi,
Many thanks.
Hiya icarus - I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I've got for a couple of holidays overseas and locally which hasn't gone past the 180days/yr mark.
Kindly refrain from digging up topics from 2013. User icarus last logged into the forum on 5th December 2013.

Continue in your existing topic where I already provided a detailed link on another users success.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/did-i-miss-t ... l#p1419316
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.