ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Paid absences from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smacky

Evidence of Paid absences from UK

Post by smacky » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Dear all,
I am currently on Tier 1 (General) visa and will be applying for ILR in April 2014.

My first question is regarding evidence of absences from the UK. I have only been absent from the UK on paid annual leave from my employers and have not been outside the UK for more than 30 days in any given year. I have never taken unpaid leave during this period. Do I need to provide any "evidence" of this paid annual leave during which I have travelled outside the UK? My current and previous employment contracts all state my paid annual leave entitlement and my absences have occurred within this allowance - all fully paid.
Backed by payslips and bank statements showing no unpaid absences, do my employment contracts constitute sufficient evidence for my (paid) absences for the past 5 years?

My second question is regarding my wife's application for FLR as she is not yet eligible for ILR. She is currently a Tier 1 Dependant and her visa expires on the same day as mine. Can she apply for FLR on the same day I apply for ILR? If we prefer to pay for premium service and go to the PEO, can we do so on the same day? If yes, do we need two separate appointments?

Thanks in advance for your help.