ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re: Evidence of Paid absences from UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smacky

Post by smacky » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:36 pm

anyone?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:16 pm

So far as absences are <180 days per 12 months no evidence should be requested.

When did your spouse get leave as a PBS dep and when did she enter the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

smacky

Post by smacky » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:24 pm

Amber_ wrote:So far as absences are <180 days per 12 months no evidence should be requested.

When did your spouse get leave as a PBS dep and when did she enter the UK.
Thanks for your reply Amber. My wife got her visa stamped on 10/10/12 and she entered the UK 12/11/12.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:57 pm

As she is currently a PBS dep then she should extend as a PBS dep (click) as you are applying for ILR as a PBS applicant under paragraph 319C (b) (iii) (1), and she will be eligible for ILR after 5 years as a PBS dep.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

smacky

Post by smacky » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:07 am

Amber_ wrote:As she is currently a PBS dep then she should extend as a PBS dep (click) as you are applying for ILR as a PBS applicant under paragraph 319C (b) (iii) (1), and she will be eligible for ILR after 5 years as a PBS dep.
Thanks Amber. I have a few questions after reading the form:

1) Do the £600 need to be in her personal statement or can they be in mine? (Not a joint account)

2) How do I answer the question "Is the main applicant applying at the same time as you?" If I apply for ILR on the same day?

3) Question M2) Under what category is the main applicant applying? This doesn't have ILR, what do I select?

4) the fees: as I'm applying fir ILR, does it mean we are not applying "together" and she has to pay the fee for applying separately?

Thanks in advance.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:43 am

Just ticking T1 and writing applying for ILR next to it for question M2 should be ok, fee is separate, expensive.

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:04 am

My case is similar to this. I am applying for ILR in May 2014.

I was only out of UK for 4 weeks in 2009 and 3 weeks in 2012. All were paid holidays.

In 2009, I was with my previous employer and it could be difficult to approach them for any letter.

I can get a letter for my 2012 absence from my existing employer though.

Do I need to provide any evidence of my absence as it was not work-related absence and was fully paid, under allowed annual paid holidays?

Thanks

joshua77
Newly Registered

Post by joshua77 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:46 pm

smacky wrote:
Amber_ wrote:As she is currently a PBS dep then she should extend as a PBS dep (click) as you are applying for ILR as a PBS applicant under paragraph 319C (b) (iii) (1), and she will be eligible for ILR after 5 years as a PBS dep.
Hello Amber,
You said above that and PBS dependent will be eligible for ILR if he/she completes 5 years. I was under the impression that a dependent can apply for ILR the same time as the main applicant as long as they are here in the UK for at least 2 years. Is this not the case? Can you please clarify?
Many Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:25 am

joshua77 either start your own thread or stick to it. It depends when you spouse was initially granted pbs dep leave?