ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My ILR + Wife PBS Dependant extension - best timing?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

smacky

My ILR + Wife PBS Dependant extension - best timing?

Post by smacky » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 am

Dear all,
I am due for ILR in April but my wife is not. She is currently a PBS dependant (Tier 1 General).

1) Is it possible for me to get a PEO appointment, get my ILR, and then for her to apply for PBS dependant visa extension? Or does she have to apply for FLR once I get my ILR?

2) Our visas expire on the same day, if I don't get my ILR BRP back till her expiry date, can she just apply as a PBS dependant anyway and say my ILR application is in progress?

3) Is it possible for her to apply for extension irrespective of whether I have applied or not? Will she still get a 5-year visa even though mine expires in April 2014? If this is the case I'd rather have her apply now as she's already been in the country as a dependant for more than a year and can apply for ILR as long as the next visa is valid for 5 years.

Thanks in advance for your help.

IMUK
Newly Registered

Re: My ILR + Wife PBS Dependant extension - best timing?

Post by IMUK » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Hi smacky, thanks for posting this - I am also in same status, I will be applying for ILR in April but my wife is not eligible till that time and her visa expiry is on same date as mine.

WE need to know which Form we should choose for her as she is dependent on main applicant and we need to apply together as her visa expiry is on same date as mine, is that Form FLR(M) or her details to be included in SET(O) form itself or Tier 1 dependent form? also they are asking too much information in case of FLR(M) form as she is dependent so not sure if all of them are applicable for her?

Secondly, as her visa is expiring on same date as main applicant, do we need two different appointments if going for PEO service? or we should be fine with only one apportionment for both of us?

I have seen an old thread on the board which says -

When to apply for FLR(M)?

1. If dependant's leave is due to expire at the same time as the main migrant or within a short time after main migrant applies for settlement - Apply for FLR(M) at the same time as the main migrant applies for settlement.

2. If dependant's leave is due to expire before main migrant expects to receive a decision on his/her settlement application - You may wish to wait until reference number of the settlement application is received, so that the same can be referred to in the FLR(M) application.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 43881.html

WE need advise from experts so pls share your experience, thanks for your time guys!!

Amber
Mood:

Re: My ILR + Wife PBS Dependant extension - best timing?

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:00 am

IMUK Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.